>1<

Nothing. There was absolutely nothing left in the world.

No matter how far I could see, no matter how much I ran, there was nothing left. No humans, no animals, nothing.

Ashes ran down upon me from the still blazing fire as I ran down the sorrowful gray ground. My bare feet striking every single knick of crushed bones and rocks as they hit the ground, causing me to let out small hisses full of pain.

Tears stream down my dirt covered face as I ran, trying to escape the flames deadly clutches. My wings were folded behind me, singed from the fire and practically useless. A small whimper escapes my lips as I feel the deadly flames lick my already broken wings.

I stumble as the ground begins to rumble under my feet. The ground in front of me suddenly caves in, causing me to fall forward towards it. I tried to grip the side of the hole, I really did. But with my weight, it loosened the rock causing me to fall down into the long, dark hole.

°*°*°*

I jolt upright screaming. The cold, silent night's air was the only thing to greet me back. I sigh, running my fingers through my black hair.

Dang, I said to myself. That was one heck of a nightmare. This is the fifth time I've had that dream!

After reassuring myself that I was indeed alone under the small cliff ledge, I laid back down, turning my head slightly, staring up at the night sky. The stars dancing up in the sky under the moon's beautiful light, winked back at me. I smile a little bit, marveling how pretty it was tonight.

Something moves in the brush next to me and I froze. A wolf and a pup moves gracefully out of the brush. Their black and brown fur coats making them seem even more magnificent then the stars. I smile watching as the female grooms her pup.

A small pain grips my heart as I lay there  watching the mother and the pup. At least this pup has a mother and isn't some freakish experiment. I had no one. I was alone. If I died, nobody would even notice. I am under the radar. They don't know where I am, so I was good. Yet, no matter how sad I got from watching the mother and her pup, I was grateful.

Grateful that I escaped somehow out of that lab. Grateful I am somehow still alive after two years since I escaped. But I was grateful that I didn't have other people's lives resting upon my shoulder twenty-four seven. That's just one of the perks of travelling alone without a care in the world. Nobody holding you down, nobody holding you back. It is just me, myself and I. Nobody else.

I sigh, rolling over facing the cliff's wall, listening to the crickets secret melody, causing me to feel sleepy again. Tomorrow Is a big travelling day, and I need all my energy to travel to Csai  tomorrow. I close my eyes and sigh. Another great thing about being alone, you get anywhere a whole lot faster.

I guess you could say that being alone is the best way to go.