Chapter 13

Lucy's POV

I was sweating. I shot up quickly, looking around the room frantically. I was in my old apartment. I looked down at my hands, nothing seeming different. I ran up out of bed, almost tripping on the way to the bathroom. My hair was the same yellow-blonde that I've had it for most of my life, still in pigtails from the sleep I just suddenly awoke from. I rushed to my closet getting dressed, and ran to the guild.

I slammed open the guild doors looking around, not knowing where I was despite being home. The question wasn't really where was I, perhaps when was I.

I saw guild members. This looked oddly like the day Lisanna came back. I took two steps, then it hit me (no it wasn't a table), I'd been sleeping. I'd dreamt of Lisanna coming back and me getting stronger. I'd dreamt of those feelings, Igneel, all the friendships that i thought I had no longer existed, because it was a figure of my imagination. I was dreaming. None of it had happened, yet why do i feel so torn up over it.

"Hey Luce!" I heard the familiar pinkette's voice call.

I looked over at him, "Uh, Hey Natsu."

"Are you okay Luce? You look like you've just seen a ghost" He asked, concerned.

"Y-Yeah, i'm fine. Just a strange dream that's all." I half smiled.

"Okay! Well do you want to go on a job?" Natsu asked.

"For sure, you pick today, nothing crazy. I'll be sitting with Levy. Tell me when you and Happy are ready to leave." I smiled.

I went to go sit by Levy, still thinking about my dream.

"Hey Lu, what's going on?" she questioned, a bright smile adorning her face.

"Nothing really, how about you? I've been bored lately, but i had the weirdest dream." I replied.

"What kinda dream? Also, i've been fine. I just came back from a mission."

This made me think. Three days before Liana came back Levy had just gotten back. Is this my second chance? To change things? To make things better.

"Don't worry about it, but hey, I gotta go, see you soon Levy." I smiled at her, as a sign of reassurance that nothing was wrong.

I ran home, to pack and to look around my home.

I got home, going straight to my desk. I looked on the surface of the desk, only to see a note. I started reading.

My Dearest Princess Lucy,

You're most likely confused. You're confused as to why everything seems normal as if it's all been a dream. I understand you feel lost in all of this, but trust me, it wasn't a dream, yet it was. Another thing to be confused about right? That was not a vision, i can assure you everything was real, everything you felt was real, but is not at the same time. You'd been sad, played with, and slightly corrupted when Lisanna had returned. This is a do-over. This time do not let them forget you. Do not let go so easily. Do things differently. People usually don't get this. You have some magic. Any more would have probably destroyed you. You are free to explain this to your friends when the time comes. You cannot call all of us. We are limiting your magic, it is and wasn't your time to become queen. I am not saying you weren't fit to be a Queen, I am saying we can not bear you to hold grudges and so much sadness over your lost comrades as Queen. We care about you, and in time everything will be as it was, but for now, you take one step at a time with your magic. You do things differently. You will find things out as they progress, but for now, be happy. You have a do-over that most people would wish for. Do things differently. This is not the last time. May we meet again.

Sincerely Your Friend,

Igneel

P.S Check your keys.

I scrambled back, looking at mikes ring to see that a lot of keys were gone. I had all my zodiac keys and silver keys from before. However, one stood out. A bright flaming red one. The one that i know would comfort me whether i could call on it or not. Igneel might have given me a do-over without everyone, but he'll always be there for me.

I smiled, "Thank you." I whispered.

The window flew open the wind giving a slow breeze to my hair. I smiled slightly to myself. This is my do-over. I'm making my own story. I'm keeping everyone close to me this time. I held the red key, It heating up slightly, I knew he would always be there, he hasn't left, he's just given me another shot at being fulfilled and fully happy.

_______

(A/N)

You guys probably hate me for playing with you emotions like this, but it's okay. I'm planning on proceeding with the story. Expect major plans in terms of character and story development.