Part 1

Nikki P.O.V

"Swoosh"

I watched as the ball hit the back of the net and saw some of my teammates congratulating Angelica on making her shot as they jogged over to their starting positions until we heard the whistle blow.

"Alright ladies good practice, bring it in!" My coach yelled and we all jogged over to him and stood around him.

"Okay girls you made it through pre-season, I'm proud of y'all but I just got word that we have a new player coming to the team, her name's Ashley so when she comes I want you all to be kind to her okay?" My coach told us and we all nodded our heads, a new player cool!

"Where does she play coach?" My friend, Anna asked,

"She plays mid, she's one heck of a player very technical and a great player to add to the team. She's coming in tomorrow, granted we don't have practice but her mother contacted me and told me that she was gonna come down to the fields and have a shoot around so I hope that some of you will come down and meet her. She has black hair and about 5'0 and most likely will be the only person here so make her feel at home." Our coach told us and we all nodded.

"Okay get outta here then, make sure you guys get enough sleep school starts Monday!" Our coach yelled at us and we all walked over to our bags and I unstrapped my gloves and took a sip of water.

"Hey Nikki, you gonna come with us and meet this girl tomorrow?" Amy asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, and I'm gonna ask Lyrical and Chelsea if they wanna come." I told her and she nodded. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and we both started walking over to the rest of our friends and her sisters. Lisa, Kath, Christina, Dani, Lauren, Anna, and Angelica turned to us and smiled.

"Ayee Nikki you coming with us tomorrow?" Lisa asked me and I nodded,

"Yeah, Ames just asked me, if coach says shes as good as he says she is then we are gonna crush it this season." I told them and they all nodded.

  Last year we came in second for the states but we should of won but of course we had to play the dirtiest team, and were probably gonna have to play them this year again. I know were playing them during the season but most likely for states as well.

"Definitely and this year States are ours!" Lauren said and we all laughed, of course it will be ours!

I looked over to my left and saw Trisha coming over with some squirt bottles in hand, shes our water girl since shes too young to play for us yet.

"Hey guys! Can you believe that were getting a new player?!" She said really excited, Trisha was able to be water girl for us since she came to all of our games last year and she always talked to us and we all loved her so we all talked to coach about it and he agreed to it so here she is!

"Yeah we can't wait to meet her!" Kath said and we all agreed with her, let's just hope that shes a nice person! I looked at the time and it read 5:07, well I think it's time for me to head home!

 "Okay well I'm gonna get going guys, text me when to come!" I told them and they nodded and I started walking until Lauren grabbed my wrist.

"Nikki ya sure you don't want a ride?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah my house is only like a mile away, peace of cake." I told her and everyone else just laughed.

"You really are insane, no wonder your a keeper." Dani told me and I laughed and said my goodbyes to everyone and started walking in the direction of my house wondering what's gonna happen tomorrow....

The next day (Ashley POV):

I tried to relax as I tied my cleats for the fourth time. My mom looked at me from the drivers seat and said,

"Calm down, Ash. You're gonna do fine. Just tear up the field like you usually do and you'll be fine."

I nodded absentmindedly. The car came to a halt, and I felt myself smile. The patched grass of a soccer field was familiar and always seemed to calm me down. I threw my duffel bag around my shoulders, and marched onto the field, determined to seem confident.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks. The most beautiful girl I had ever seen was dribbling around the field. I blushed furiously, and hid my face. Come on Ash, three seconds on this team and you're already crushing on a girl?

I pushed the thought out of my mind. I smiled at the girl closest to me. She had long dirty-blonde hair, and I could tell she was the leader by the way she walked. I said,

"Hi! I'm Ashley, but you can call me Ash. I think this is my new team..but I'm not sure."

The girl smiled and said,

"Yeah, I'm Christina! Nice to meet you. Some of our players are gonna be here in 10 minutes, and I wanna wait for everyone before you introduce yourself. Right now we are just scrimmiging. You can go play center mid right in front of Katherine, the one with the short brown hair. She's my twin, by the way."

I followed where she was pointing, and my stomach dropped. It was her. I ran to the field, and began to play. I soon realized that this team was excellent. Their goalie was amazing, their forwards were amazing, and their defense was amazing. And that girl, Katherine was also amazing.

Suddenly, I heard a girl ( was her name Lauren?), shout,

"Lyrical, Chels, come over here."

I smiled at the new faces. We all formed a circle. I introduced myself, and tried to remember everyone. Lauren was the forward with the nice hair, Nikki was the goalie who was really funny, Lyrical was the outgoing one, and Amy was the giggly one.

Katherine was the one who stuck out. She was obviously beautiful inside out, and just a glance at her made butterflies erupt from all over my body. After an hour, Christina closed up practice and gave us a speech about the upcoming season.

I stayed back for a few minutes so that I could get my jersey. When I saw it, I smiled. Number 9. This was going to be a great season.

HEYYYY GUYS! It's book! Remember to vote and comment- tell us what u think so far! Any title suggestions??