Chapter Sixty-Seven

Mulai dari awal

It was almost nine when I was finished mucking out the four yards.
It didn't help that I was fairly preoccupied with patting the horse's and scratching their favourite places for them, while I was in the yards.
River even followed me around and tried to 'help'.
I just couldn't help but smile.
He'd certainly come a long way from the wild Brumby we'd had to drug to bring home.
His scar's were much smaller and healthier looking now.
Blayze was still optimistic we could get them down further, if we continued with the Manuka honey and vitamin E.
I set the wheelbarrow into its rack on the corrugated iron wall and the pooper scooper onto its hanger, contemplating my next move.
I'd be an idiot to pass up the chance to ride Phoenix again.
But Blayze said to be ready by midday.
It would help if he would tell me what I was getting ready for so I could plan what I needed to do.
But noooooo.
I slipped my phone from my pocket to check the time.
9:02AM.
Surely I've got time to gulp down a drink, find Heath, saddle the horses and go for a ride!
With a spring in my step, I hurried out of the equipment shed and struggled not to break into a run as I headed for my house.

At 11:30 I hurriedly stripped from my farm clothes and pulled my hair into a messy do on top of my head so it didn't get wet in the shower, seeing as I'd washed it last night.
Plus I wouldn't have time to dry it and deal with it now...
Yes I'm good at running late.
I think I was supposed to be in the shower before now.
I cranked the taps on and adjusted the water to roughly my desired temperature of more warm than cool, before stepping under the spray.
Crap!
I felt my eyes widen.
If we're not coming home until Sunday afternoon then I'm going to have to pack a bag!
Damn it!
I grabbed the bottle of strawberry scented shower gel from the wall rack and squirted some into my hand.
Time for a bloody quick shower...
Thank god I shaved just about every area that contains hair last night!
Not that I even know where I'm going or what clothes I'll need to wear...
Shaking my head, I smothered myself in the red coloured gel and lathered it up until it was a soft pink foam.
The scent of strawberry filled the air before I stepped back under the water and rinsed it all away.

"Mum!"
Thankfully I just about ran into her on my dash back to my bedroom, with my towel wrapped around my body.
"Yeah honey?"
She asked, a small smile in place.
She's doing a lot of that lately.
I'm assuming it's got a fair bit to do with Jaxon being around.
"I need to pack!"
I exclaimed.
Damn it why hadn't I realised this earlier?!
"Already done for ya honey."
There was a suspicious twinkle in Mum's green eyes as she reached out to gently pinch my cheek.
"Wha-?"
When I'd hurried inside earlier, I'd told Mum about the plan.
Well, what I knew about the plan.
Now I wondered if that twinkle in her eye was because she already knew what was going on?
"I don't have time for this! Thank you!"
I practically yelled as I sprinted for my door.
Mum's laughter reached me just as I slammed my door shut and raced for my drawers.

Almost five hours driving led us to the tiny but beautiful town that was called Port Jackson.
According to Blayze, its nearest 'real' towns, were Fletcher Creek (some fifty odd K's East), Mantilla (some sixty odd K's a little South-East) and Tahlee (about thirty K's along the coast).
"We shouldn't run into too many people I know here."
Blayze explained as he coasted the Ranger over what I'm assuming is the town's only roundabout.
I don't even think we have a roundabout in Riverston!
Laughter bubbled in me like an unstoppable volcano and exploded out of my mouth in a mirth filled splutter.
"You- if-its- it's a roundabout Blayze! Jeez even I know that and my driving instructor had to set up forty-four's and hay bales to somewhat mimic one when I sat my P's!"
I could literally feel tears of laughter brimming in my eyes.
Blayze shot me a completely innocent look that had my heart clenching.
"I thought it was an overbout."
The dam within me broke again and my whole body shook with laughter as I spluttered, smacking my palms against my knees as I gasped for air.
Overbout?
What the hell?!
I froze, the laughter immediately evaporating.
Was that honestly what Blayze thought and I was offending him by laughing my arse off?
I twisted to get a look at him.
Relief washed over me, like that huge bucket of trough water Blayze had thrown over my head, when I was eleven years old, on my Summer break from school and serving 'punishment', so I was being taught how to clean troughs.
It was dirty, with clumps of algae in it.
It stank.
But damn it was cool and it got me through the next hour before we got home and I jumped in the pool to get clean!
He was fighting to keep his lips in a straight line, his broad shoulders shaking.
Grinning, I shook my head and slumped back into my chair.
"If we find another one go around it would ya? You'll draw attention to us."
I love this car but god I can't wait to get out and stretch my legs!
"If they've even got a cop here anymore."
Blayze muttered.
I pulled my gaze over to him, feeling surprised.
"You've been here before?"
"My Grandparents live here."
He explained.
"I came sometimes in school holidays."
Oh.
Does this mean this weekend will be a new insight to Blayze?
"I haven't seen 'em in a couple years now."
He explained, his grip tightening slightly on the steering wheel.
Another touchy subject?
"Are you going to visit them this weekend?"
I cautiously asked.
It'd be stupid if he didn't while he was right here wouldn't it?
"I planned this weekend about...us."
He said quietly, his gaze on the now single lane road ahead of us.
Where the hell are we going?
I shook my head from that thought, a forest type area on my left and scattered house's and such out Blayze's window.
I turned back to Blayze.
"You should visit them while you're here."
He shot me a glance.
"We'll see what happens. And no, there's nothing wrong between my Grandparents and I. Most of my good memories from being a kid come from them."
Oh wow!
On the tip of my tongue, was a question that i for some reason badly wanted to know, but wasn't exactly all that relevant.
"What?"
Damn it.
I chewed on my lower lip.
He just has to be able to read me so easily...
"Are...are they your um...your Mum's parent's or...?"
"Yeah."
He nodded.
For some reason, I felt something akin to relief.
Suddenly I registered that Blayze had turned the car and we were now cruising down gravel.
Slowly.
"Where are you...going?"
I asked, confused as a few small stone buildings passed our windows.
Blayze shot me a glance.
"I thought we could try out the Bed And Breakfast."
Oh.
I felt something like a spark light within me.
I've never stayed in a Bed And Breakfast.
Not even a Motel or a Hotel.
Hell the only place I've stayed that's not somebody's 'home' is a couple of Rodeo grounds, in the weathered, rickety cabins, or the Currency Creek Hospital!
It was exciting to think of staying somewhere designed for people to get away!
"I take it...you're not...opposed to the idea...?"
Was that laughter I heard in his voice?
"This is freakin' awesome!"
I squealed, squirming in my seat like Lily when we watched the Riverston Christmas Pageant last year.
Now I definitely heard Blayze laugh.
But I wasn't embarrassed.
I just shot him a grin.
He parked the Ute and I unbuckled my belt at top speed and jumped down from the car.
I heard Blayze's door thud closed as I stood on a stepping stone path that twisted through an intricate garden of overgrown flowers and plants (but for privacy's sake they were probably left that way intentionally) and admired the areas of the stone and corrugated iron small building I could just see.
"Apparently the keys are up by the door, but I will have to go check in."
Blayze's voice sounded just behind my shoulder.
I nodded.
I'd kind of expected there'd be some 'formal' side to it all.
"Do you want to come to the office area or go on and check the little place for the weekend out?"
Oh my god!
I spun on my boot heels to face him.
The smile on his face told me that my answer was all too easy to see.
Smiling, he shook his head.
"Go on. It won't take me long. At least I don't think it will..."
Eeeeeeek!
Biting my tongue to refrain from squealing like a child, I skipped the one step toward him.
He eyed me, taking in what I was doing.
"This is amazing."
I gushed.
His smile was now soft, but in his eyes I could see that he was happy with my reaction.
"You've only looked at the garden, you don't know if you like it yet."
He said quietly.
I shook my head.
"No I mean this, all of it. This weekend away. This really cool place. Us being here... thank you."
His smile grew a little.
"Don't say thank you yet, we've only made the drive so far."
True.
Saying thank you now, was a little like counting my chicken's before they hatched.
Fine, lets say thank you another way.
I listened to my subconscious and took the last possible step forward, obliterating the space between Blayze and I.
I heard and saw him suck in a breath as our front's just barely brushed.
Feeling confident and acting bold, I lifted my hands to link around the back of his neck and pulled him down to plant my lips onto his.
The sparks immediately came to life along my lips and the embers were awakened deep within the pit of my belly.
Blayze swiped his tongue across my lower lip and I immediately felt my nerves clench deliciously.
Obediently, I opened my mouth to allow him entry, sliding one hand down his arm and around to the taught muscles of his back.
His hands came large, firm and hot around my waist as he swooped his tongue into my mouth, exploring.
By now every nerve in my body tingled and my belly swirled with energy.
Blayze gripped my hips and planted a seemingly definitive kiss on my lips, apparently ending the little make out, because he then stepped back.
I was torn between disappointment and realising he was probably right to break it off.
He's still got 'important' things to do right now.
You're not exactly just here to jump his bones either.
I resisted the urge to blush at my subconscious' bluntness.
Blayze nodded toward the small building behind me.
"You go and explore and I'll go take care of this paperwork."
"Okay!"
I chirped.
I was more than down with that idea.
I turned on my heel and seriously had to tell myself to walk like an almost eighteen year old and not skip down the little garden path.