0.1

"I don't understand why you can't do school, it's simple. Just listen to the teacher and follow the instructions" My sister, Beth says.

"She's to immature and stubborn" My mom comments and places a plate in front of me.

I shrug, "It isn't my fault that I don't like those stupid rules."

I grab a piece of bacon and place it onto my plate before eating it. Today's the first day of school, well not really but I mean senior year, it's my last year of high school and then I'll get to be out of that place, if I don't get held back. Usually I wouldn't go on the first day so I wouldn't have to do that introduction thing that every teacher does, but I'm being forced in going.

"Hurry up, I have to get to work" Beth hurries and grabs her car keys from the counter.

I grab my bag from the stairs and follow her out to her car. I jump into the passengers seat as she sits in the drivers seat but before she pulls out of the drive way, she looks at me with an appall look.

"What?" I ask and try looking at where she's looking, my clothes.

"What the hell are you wearing?" She says disgusted as she puts the car in reverse.

"It's called being grungy"
"More like trashy if you tell me"
"Would you shut up and drive"

On the way towards school, I text my best friend Leah:

Leah: You on ur way?
Me: Yeah, did you grab my sched?
Leah: Yea, we have all classes together
Me: K. What about Aidan?
Leah: You guys only have History and English together
Me: Oh ok

I shove my phone into my pocket and look out the window and see we're at the front of the school. I jump out of the car while the car is still moving and I hit the rugged street. I grunt as I push myself up from the floor and I see that Beth stopped.

"Are you stupid!" She yells and gets out of the car full of anger.

"Shut up, it's not like this is the first time I did that" I say annoyed before I head towards Leah who's standing beside the entrance doors with Aidan.

"You okay, Babe?" Aidan asks and throws his arm over my shoulders.

I nod, "Yeah I'm good. Leah you got my schedule?"

She hands my schedule to me and I take it from her hand, quickly scanning my classes. History for first period, Calculus for second, PE, English, Science and then French. I have almost the same classes from junior year, even when I switched out PE they still gave it to me.

"Something wrong?" Leah asks and looks at the paper and to me.

"Yeah, I switched out PE and they still gave it to me" I respond and let my hand down, roughly.

"Then tell Ms.Harrington, she'll-"
"No, it's fine- might as well do it again to get out of this hell of a place"

To be honest, I'm half committed in this school year and half not because I want to pass and have a good time, at the same time. Might seem difficult but I can try.

The bell rings and we all head into the History room that's near the entrance. Once we enter the classroom, I find the teacher sitting down at his desk writing on a piece of paper and he looks up at all of us with a blank expression but he also looks strict from his furrowed eyebrows.

"Names" He says and looks back at the paper he was writing on.

"I'm Leah, Aidan, and Andry" Leah says as she points at us when she says our names.

"Leah you sit in the farthest left row, 3rd seat. Aidan you sit behind Leah. Andry you sit in the middle row, 1st seat which is right in front of me" He informs and points at the seats where we're suppose to sit at.

I try my best on not being difficult on the first day so I listen to him and sit at my seat. I look over to Aidan and Leah who seem bored but I can't stop looking at the teacher, he hasn't even said his name so I search the board and find it on the top right corner: Mr.Evan

Sounds more like a first name than a last name. Once everyone was seated, he got up from his chair and walked in front of his desk as he browses the class.

"I'm Mr.Evan, your history teacher. Take out a separate piece of paper and write down your name, hobbies and what you're planning to do after high school" He instructs and everyone pulls out a piece of paper as I sit there with an empty desk.

"Need paper?" He asks and I nod my head and I go over to his desk where he holds out a piece of paper.

"Thank you" I say as I take the paper from him and go back to my desk.

I take out a pencil and start writing down what he said:

Andry Barrington / Dancing & Partying / I don't know yet

I'm not really sure what else to write than Partying because Dancing is the only thing I'm good at, and getting in trouble but that isn't really a hobby.

"Once you're finished place it down right here" He points at the empty spot on his desk as he sits back down in his chair and one girl that's close by places it down on the spot.

I head over to his desk and place my paper where he said to put it at. I try peeking over to what he's writing on but it looks like it's some letter he's responding to. Adults these days, still with letters.

I sit back down at my desk and once everyone was finished, he stood up and he doesn't seem to0 tall but he looked scary either way. He grabs the papers from the pile and sits at the edge of his desk reading every paper. I look through the paper he's reading and it's mine, he looks at it confused and places it down onto his desk, just mine.

"Well not many of you wrote much about yourself so tomorrow we're gonna do a partner thing where you both are going to get to know each other better and share it to the class" He says and scans the class and lands on mine last.

A girl beside me raises her hand and his eyes move to her.

"Yes Ariel" He says looking at her with curiousness.

"Um, I don't know anyone here so could I just be your partner?" She asks and I look at her with a eerie expression.

"Yeah sure"
"Ok thank you"

I turn around and try making eye contact with Aidan but he doesn't seem to see me trying to get his attention the fact that he's looking at some other girl.

***

Since this is where everyone seems hooked onto the book, just letting you guys know— there is a second book that will come out right after I publish the last chapter of this book which is most likely this summer(;