When the Wolves Come Howlin'

Rasa wasn’t sure whether or not to qualify the mission as a success once Naruto had retold the whole thing to him.

Since they’d arrived in the night, the official report would be in the morning. And since he sensed them coming, he quickly headed to the noodle bar, despite it being closer to dinnertime. As he hesitantly predicted, Naruto headed straight there. Though happy to see each other, he hadn’t expected the story that would come out of her mouth.

Dear Kami, a full-on riot in another country?

Not to mention that apparently his two sons were huge lightweights, with Kankuro being a karaoke drunk while Gaara was a dazed drunk. Where was Baki in all this? How had all that come to happen? And don’t even get him started on how all three of them had their first taste of alcohol, never mind how bad it went.

Kazuhiro seemed to be sharing his disbelieving reaction, unable to scoop up an order of noodles into a bowl.

He cleared his throat. “I…That is…very eventful for your first C-rank,” he said lamely.

And fuuinjutsu! She freakin’ knew Sealing. He didn’t know whether to be impressed or despair. Besides that, it was definitely a sign she was Minato and Kushina’s kid.

The mission had been completed and successfully…but the aftermath was just nasty. At least nothing was linked to them, and no news of some sort of repercussions was heading their way. At least not yet.

But yet that torch Naruto threw…He had a bad feeling about it…

“Oh, Tenoh, do you wanna see the Rasengan I was talking about?” she asked him.

Bingo. That was his opening.

He ignored Kazuhiro choking on his breath yet again.

“Sure, mikan-hime. Show me what you’ve got,” he smirked at her.

She smirked back and grabbed his hand, practically shooting out of there with him only barely able to fling money onto the counter for their food. She headed straight to her team’s usual training spot, stopping and turning to him with a grin.

“Watch, watch!” she said excitedly, and then she held out her hand and concentrated, within seconds forming a familiar spinning ball.

He inwardly winced. Yup. Definitely Minato’s Rasengan. They must’ve left her with some things somehow, and she managed to learn (or was in the process of learning) them in the years she’d been living in Suna.

“I hear you’ve been trying to learn the Hiraishin too, while you’re at it,” he laughed lightly, with his face and body lax and nonchalant. He put his hands into his pockets and gazed at her.

“Yeah, how’d you know? I think I remember mentioning the Rasengan to you when I was talking about that day with Baki-sensei, but I don’t remember if I said anything about Hiraishin,” she tilted her head inquisitively.

‘Cute,’ he thought suddenly. He mentally shook his head and focused back on the problem. With a quick rush, he was suddenly by her side without any warning, tilting her head back and the point of a kunai at her neck without her noticing or seeing anything. Her eyes were wide as she stared at him.

“T-Tenoh, what are you doing?” she asked hesitantly.

He grimaced and gave her a remorseful smile, turning the kunai around and gently tapping the ring of the handle against her forehead, before letting her head go and taking a step back.

“I would say you’re not that good enough to warn off foreign assassins,” he tilted the corner of his lips wryly briefly. “I would suggest you not advertise your ability to use the Rasengan, an infamous jutsu of a rival village’s kage, nor the ambition to conquer the Hiraishin, a notorious jutsu in itself without any of the associations with it. Especially with your looks,” he said seriously, hinting at the end.