Chapter 40: The First Shift

Chapter 40
The First Shift

There are millions of romantic words I can say yet only shits and dumb words are coming out of my mouth when I'm with my face. Dave, just even his presence, makes me weak; he makes my knees wobble, makes my heart faster, makes me have butterflies in my stomach that could last for a year, makes me crave for him. He's giving me a million reasons to live and love and enjoy life to the fullest. His smile is like a burning sun in my eyes; so bright, naturally. You could just take a look in his eyes and see how beautiful it is and it will make you think how smiling is very important in our lives. His smile could light up everyone's face. My mate makes things lighter for everyone, even if that means sacrificing himself for a greater good. That's his most perfect and the worst trait he has. Sometimes he has this thought to save everyone but that means letting himself drown.

He gets hurt, too. But Dave is just like that. Even if he gets hurt, he'd hide the most part of the cause of his sadness. Dave will respond to the question 'is there something wrong?' in a way you would think that he is really okay when he's not. He can conceal his emotion and drape it with happiness. He sees different things than me. I see him as the most precious person in the world yet he sees everyone in their best state. He sees good things in life yet mine sees fear as I think I'd lose him.

That's what good about Dave. He's different and unique in his own way.

I wonder why I got so lucky to have him.

We're back here in the pack land, where we were greeted by our friends and family with open arms. They were too happy to see Dave. Kieran cried when he saw his brother still in one piece and whole. After that embrace, my best friend Cloud decided to throw a celebration because Dave succeed on his quest.

The Queen of the Shamans has decided to bring us a couple of Amrita, which Marcus consumed too much while he told me about his human mate. When Marcus saw the beers, his eyes nearly gauged out of his sockets and I laughed at him. He remembers what happened.

"Are you enjoying so far?" Dave asks me as he takes a sip of his orange juice, staring at me with wide eyes and beaming smile. I nod at him. Seeing him smile is enough to make me happy for the whole day. I would really do anything for him just to make him happy.

I ask, "How about you?"

"I'm happy," he says with no doubt lacing in his voice. Dave wraps his arms around me affectionately, his face burying in my chest and a sigh escapes my lips. "Especially you're here with me. Thank you for waiting on me."

Kissing his forehead, I cup his face and make him look up at me. Emotions swim in his eyes, and I let myself be vulnerable in front of him. I want him to see how vulnerable I can be when he's with me. I want him to see how emotional I can be when I'm with him. "I'll always wait for you, Dave. No matter what happens. If I were given a chance to save the world or to save you instead, you know what choice I would choose without giving it a second thought and no hesitation."

"I know," he responds after being quite for a while. "I would do the same thing for you."

There's a howl in the background and it's from the Great Alpha. Everyone starts taking off their shirt, and in a minute, they are in a full form wolf. Dave watches them with amazement and I hold his hand. His eyes twinkle with anticipation when he looks at me. "Are you ready?" I jerk my chin at the wilderness and he eyes it for a second before looking back at me, nodding with a huge smile etched on his face. "Just want to let you know that your first transformation will be quite hurtful, but Peitho will do everything to lessen the pain. Don't worry. I'm here by your side. You will be transforming a lot these days, and you'll get a proper training for everything. You'll get used to it one day."

Fear flickers in his eyes but it eventually disappears once I squeeze his hand. He takes a deep breath, putting a determined look on his face as he takes off whatever fabrics he has on his body.

"Let Peitho take over then the rest will follow," I whisper in his ear, planting a soft kiss on his temple. "I love you."

My eyes scan over his body and I'm suddenly hungry. Hungry for him. His body is toned, slim and perfect. The moon glazes his skin with its light, making him look like a God. I bend my knee just a bit, slightly crouching. He follows my actions, crouching. He shuts his eyes, his chest heaving up and down in a rhythmic pattern then when he opens his eyes, his eyes are a different color; the most beautiful and perfect blue I've ever seen in my whole life reveals itself as a royal blue, indicating that Peitho is taking over of his body.

A growl escapes his lips, and a sickening crack of his bone rings in my ears, making me flinch. He grits his teeth as furs begin to replace Dave's smooth skin. A combination of yelp and a growl, which is pretty weird, echoes in the background. Peitho looks at me with his beautiful royal blue eyes, and I smile at him. His fang grows, letting me see how deadly it is. The transformation takes a lot of time, especially if it's a first transformation. But when you get used to it, it would only take a couple of seconds.

In front of me is a big black, with patches of brown, fur wolf. Peitho is about my size. Once he's done transforming, he howls and it echoes around the area, then followed by the howls of the other werewolves. Once done, I take off my clothes, run, and jump, letting Zane take over me.

Peitho is the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen. He is captivating and perfect. When Zane is now in control, he snuggles right into Peitho and a seductive purr escapes his mouth. I chuckle, shaking my head at Zane. Internally, Zane rolls his eyes at me. Zane licks Peitho's cheeks and they play for a while before Peitho decides to go into the wilderness, and Zane follows suit.

Zane's paws pound on the ground, crunching leaves as Zane steps on them. The Earth feels so good beneath his paws, and I hear the loud bit of his heart as he watches Peitho in front of us. Peitho is a fast runner, his paws pounding the ground as he runs faster and faster. The Great Alpha howls again. Running in the wilderness feels so good and I can sense how happy Peitho is as he comes back for his original home, which is the wilderness.

Running for almost an hour takes us to a cliff. With the view of the town in night, it's breathtaking. Peitho sits near the edge, looking over the city where there's a heavy traffic. The lights keep flickering in different colors. The moon is half-full, the stars are blinking brightly across the sky. Zane takes a seat beside our mate, and licks Peitho. Peitho doesn't mind as he keeps staring at the city. Zane looks at him, his tongue lolling and our mate watches him, grinning from ear to ear.

Peitho shifts, letting Dave take over, leaving him naked and a seductive growl escapes in my wolf's lips. Zane lets me take over, shifting into our human form, leaving me naked as well.

Dave looks at me with lust swimming in his eyes and I immediately become awkward and shy. I don't even know if Dave is ready with the mating, but I'm not going to stress him about it if he doesn't like to do it now. I'm going to wait.

Despite the cold breeze of the air, I feel so warm when he's near me. Dave leans up, planting his lips on mine and my heart flutters, making it race faster. He wraps his arms around my neck and presses his naked body against mine, and there's suddenly a fire burning inside me. I deepen the kiss, tilting my head to the side as my arms wrap around his waist, pushing him closer to me.

Nibbling on his bottom lip, a groan escapes his lips. He opens his mouth slightly and I take the opportunity to slip my tongue inside, but Dave never fights. He never clashes his tongue with mine. He lets me dominate him. Pulling away, leaving us breathless, making us a panting mess, I smile at him.

"I love you so much," he says, panting.

"I love you, too, so much. Cliché as it sounds, you're my whole world."