Chapter 4

Haha I couldn't leave you guys hanging with that last chapter so here ya go.😊

Kanan's pov

"To bad it's all just a lie." I heard him whisper. "Ezra?" He jumped up and pushed me away from him. "Your lying!" he screeched. It was loud enough I think I'm officially now deaf. 
"Ezra I'm saying this from the heart. It's real. I'm telling you the truth." I said calmly. "Really now. Street rat?! Mistake?! Coward?! All the things you called me and you say you love me?! I find it hard to believe." I sighed, he had a point. I hurt him enough that he's now doubting everything I say or have ever said to him. Once again my fault. "Your right. I shouldn't of said those things to you... But... That doesn't change that I still love you Ezra. From a father to a son." He calmed down and started to tear up. "How should I believe you?" "I'm just asking for a second chance. Please?" I asked avoiding his question. "You have until the day after tomorrow at night to change my mind about you." I smiled and hugged Ezra, surprising him. "Thank you." He pulled out and recovered from the shock of being touched. We stood in silence for a few seconds but it was broken by a sneeze from Ezra. I shot him a questioning look. "It's nothing." His statement was soon followed by another sneeze and then another. "Really now?" He sighed and rubbed his head. I brought my hand up to his forehead to check his temperature and was worried to find him running a fever. "Why didn't you tell me?" He sneezed hard causing him to fall flat on his butt and start to shake. He immediately got up and ran to a garbage can and threw up. I walked over to him and brought a stool for him to sit on.

Ezra's pov

Before I knew it I felt nauseous and knew what was going to happen next, so I got up and headed for the nearest trash can. Must of caught a stomach bug in town. I continued to vomit and heard Kanan walk up to me while dragging a stool in hand. He motioned for me to sit and of course I didn't reject in my state of health. While I was emptying my stomach I felt Kanan gently bring my hair out of my face and rub my back. "EB..." I heard him coo. The attention felt nice...
But it doesn't change anything.

Kanan's pov

"EB..." I cooed. Why didn't he tell me. Once he was finished I picked him up and laid him down on the couch. He was soon unconscious in restless slumber. Ezra needs medicine, and fast. I brought the trash can closer to him and kissed his forehead. "I'll be back Ezra before you know it." I turned to go but stopped in my tracks. "And don't go anywhere!" I stated to my sleeping son. I then headed out for town. Luckily it stopped raining but there were puddles everywhere. I soon hit town and started my search for Ezra's medicine.

Ezra's pov

I woke up still nauseous and with a headache. I looked around and was scared not see Kanan. He probably left me because I'm a waste of time. I went to get up and unfortunately came back down... To the floor. I landed on my knees causing a spike of pain to shoot up in my legs. It hurt bad. I decided crawling might be better. I made it to the fridge and tried to search for some food now that my stomach was empty, but I had no luck. I took cover though when I heard the door open and prepared for a fight if it was an unwanted guest. "Ezra?!... Ezra?!" I calmed down realizing that it was only Kanan. He sounded odd. I couldn't put my finger on it. Was he, worried? "Over here Kanan." I grabbed onto the kitchen counter and pulled myself up. I would  of landed back on the floor had it not been for Kanans arms catching me before I did. "What did you think you were doing?" he asked playfully.

Kanan's pov

He sighed. "I thought you left me." It broke my heart hearing that. He really thought I left him? "Ezra I went to grab some medical supplies for you. I wasn't abandoning you. I never ever will do that." "Promise?" he asked curiously. "Promise." He coughed some more reminding me of his much needed medicine. Out of the bag I pulled out a liquid fill bottle and crackers. Crackers always helped me when I had a stomach bug. I put Ezra on the couch and sat behind him to prop him up. I then measured out the cup of medicine to the amount needed and gave it to him. "Drink up." He smelled it and gave me a questioning look as if I poisoned it. "It'll help. I promise." He looked back at the cup and then again at me. He eventually took it and started to sneeze. I reached into the bag and pulled out a box of tissues. "Thought you might want these." He smiled gratefully and opened the box. Maybe I still have a chance at being his dad again.

 Maybe I still have a chance at being his dad again

I love this picture.😂 Just look at it! Lol one of the best ones I've found! Anyway hope you enjoyed this.

Col out🤓