We're Demigods (Part One)

[Edited 11/09/2016]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and the Percy Jackson universe. All rights go to Rick Riordan. This fanfiction is based from Rick Riordan's works.

Camp Half-Blood is better than Olympus. At least to Daniel Stoll's opinion.

Daniel hasn't been in Olympus yet, but he full-well know that he wouldn't want to be there considering that, first, he's awkward towards his father, Hermes, and second, Annabeth Chase is here and not on Olympus.

To put it bluntly, he has a crush on her ever since she gave him a tour around camp on his first day. He was a total wreck that day, having to battle a couple of monsters on his way to camp. He was thirteen that time, equipped only with a kitchen knife, a scrap of wood for a shield, and a twisted ankle.

He came all the way from Maryland to New York because his friend Sami said so after they've killed flying lion. Daniel didn't know lions could fly, and he was ready to pass out when Sami took off his pants revealing hooves and white furry hind legs. He is a satyr, Sami said, and Daniel was this some sort of a demigod, meaning he has a Greek God for a parent.

Sure, before his mother died she told him his father was Hermes. He thought his father was just named after that Greek messenger with flying sandals and snake sceptre, or maybe the designer brand; he didn't know he was really the Hermes.

It would have been cool to have Hermes as a Dad. He slightly wondered if he could have winged sandals too. But Hermes ditched him and his Mom. And it was also his fault that they were chased by flying wildlife and some other Greek monsters. It sucks, he could've been just a normal kid.

So, after hours of travelling and a buff chicken waiting to fight them at the train station, they reached Camp Half-Blood alive. Sami had collapsed on the ground, but Daniel suspected he was grazing, so he slumped at a tall pine tree with a blinding sheep wool hanging on its lowest branch.

With a start, he remembered the myth about a fleece. The Golden Fleece.

"Whoah. That's not Jason's Fleece, isn't it?" Sami didn't respond, he was two meters away munching on grass. Daniel reached up and started to touch the golden blanket, but he drew his hand back. If this is Jason's fleece, it would have magic properties, and after fighting monsters all day, he didn't trust anything magical anymore.

But a voice told him otherwise. "Go on. Touch it." At first he thought it was a trap. He looked around and saw a girl around his age brandishing a glinting knife. She has blonde ringlets cascading down her shoulders and grey eyes that would give goose bumps when looked at directly. She was in full body armour and Daniel thought she'd make a fashion revolution out of it. Yes, it was indeed, a trap.

"Go, touch it. It should heal your ankle." The girl glanced at his ankle and pursed her lips. Daniel suddenly felt self-conscious. He must've looked like a garbage organism with a swollen foot.

He raised his hand reluctantly, not daring to look away from the girl. At least if he dies, she'd be the last thing he sees. Fortunately, he didn't. A weird surge of power went through him as soon as he touched the Fleece. He could feel his skin glow and tingle, his gut filled as if he wasn't hungry, and he felt his ankle straighten itself. Okay, it wasn't twisted, it was definitely broken.

After a minute of fleece-touching, he looked down at himself. His scratches from monsters were gone, although his clothes still look grubby. But nonetheless, he felt like he'd slept for a whole day. It was perfect.

"Whoah." He said, looking at the girl. She was now leaning to a tree.

"Yeah." She smiled slightly. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. Who are you?"