Sleepy Babs and Lullabys

--- Mark ---

I don't know when I fell asleep. All I remember is stroking the soft green mop of hair the boy I was holding had on his head. I felt a slight nudge of my arm with my Grandmother's calming voice, "Mark, wake up Seán, it's time to go. I've decided we're going somewhere else for lunch."

I yawned softly and nodded, hearing her shuffle out of the room before I softly tapped on Seán's arm. A small noise escaped him before i did it again. "S-Stop... I'm still sleepin'..."

I smiled and let out a small breath of air as a laugh. "Come on. Food time."

Almost instantly, the boy sat up, "food." He ran a hand through his green mop and looked at me, "Food."

I laughed, "Yeah silly remember? My grandmother said she was taking us somewhere else to eat though, no clue what that means."

I sat up and stretched, "Do you mind if I change my shirt?"

After no responce, I looked back over atSeán, who had fallen back asleep.

"Greenie wake up!" I pushed him again, laughing a bit.

He pouted and crossed his arms, "Fine! I'm up I'm up!"

"Come on, Grandma is waiting." I stretched and

"Alright everyone ready?" my grandmother asked, walking into the living room, adjusting her earrings. "Mark, got your glasses? Seán your coat?" We both nodded.

"Alright let me just set the alarm and we can head out."

I nodded and walkedSeán outside, waiting for my grandmother. I cleared my throat a bit as we stood there awkwardly.

"Thank you..."His soft voice spoke.

"Hm?"

"Thank you, for putting up with me... I know I'm not the... easiest..."

I gave a chuckle and ruffled his hair, "Trust me, I've been through worse. When my step mom gets angry, let me tell you, it's like pms all over again."

He gave a small laugh as my grandmother walked outside and locked the door, "You two ready?"

I nod, "Yep! I'll sit in the back withSeán to keep him company."

She nodded, "Alright let's go."