6 - Second Chance

There you lay again, inside the darkness, the only thing you could feel was the cloth of the long, dark dress on your skin... It feels like you're floating. As you look to your right you saw a door. You were too weak to reach it, but surprisingly it opened nevertheless. The light that shines out of the door, blinds you for a moment, lifting your arms in front of your eyes. As you let them down again you were in a great hall. You look around, no exit, no windows, no doors, just a record player in the middle of the hall.

Nobody was in here, as you approach the record player, you notice that you couldn't hear a thing. There weren't any sounds around you. You start screaming, but nothing came out, you slid on the ground, tears dwell from your eyes. Even though you're full of fear you only thought about Mob, he was outside this silent world, fighting. Fighting for your life...

...

The mummy in front of Mob starts laughing maniacally, and Mob felt his anger rising rapidly.

Explosion meter: 97%

"What are you laughing at?" Mob says with a pissed expression, more power flowing through his body.

"Kukuku... Funny human..." Death laughs louder. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Protecting a friend," as he answers, a salve of stones aim for Mob's opponent, but Death easily reflects them with his bandages.

"Funny human! Funny human! Funny human! Funny human!", the monster repeated rapidly, as he starts chewing on his own fingers, blood dripping from the tips and the corners of his mouth, but then stops, his neck snapped as he held his head in a rectangular, "Do you think you can defeat Death himself?" He grinned brightly.

"If I have to, then I'll try!" The salve gets stronger, just to be reflected again.

The strange figure leans backwards, again a snap of his bandage deflects the psychic's power. Death begins to tousle his hair, and screams: "Gorgeous! Magnificent! Lovely! Marvelous!" With a quick sidestep he faces Mob again. "That's why I loooooooveee humanity~"

"Are you finished now?" Mob says with a blank expression.

Explosion meter: 99%

"Do you really know her?" Death seems to get serious. Mob flinches a bit. "No, of course not, you only recently met her, didn't you? How lovely! But to correct you, she IS my plaything!" He laughs maniacally again, then screams with a bright grin at Mob: "Really funny human! She summoned me with her death wishes, she's officially my property."

"Stop, right now! Or..."

Death teleports directly in front of Mob, ignoring his barrier, his smile gets wider. "Or what? You know I played along to your game, funny human? You want to be the hero?"

 Mob feels a tight grip on his rib cage, a quick glance down he sees a bandage curling around his chest. "Now human, let's end this pitiful play, shall we?" Mob gasps, feeling the compression on his chest, he looks at his opponent, his eyes full of hostility.

"Fufufu... You DID really thought you can beat me? Okay, let's have a quiz then, to make this drama more like a comedy. Fufufu," he let go of Mob, who roughly fell on the ground.

Explosion meter: 89%

"Wait, where... why am I..." Mob thinks.

Then he sees the black eye-sockets near his own eyes, his opponent licked his own lips, or nearly the rest that was there from a former mouth. "Thank you, for the meal~."