5 - Interruptions

*~(Note: Serina here, for my half, the second half of the chapter I must apologize if a word or two is off I'm writing this running on no sleep. This is what I get for staying up all night reading One Punch Man but damn it was too good. Any who proceed!)~*

Awfully tired you go to the bathroom, undressed and started to shower. As warm water drops splashed against your skin you got absorbed in your thoughts. The night was terribly short because you were too nervous to sleep much at all thinking about meeting Mob today... How could you not be nervous about that? It is your first time meeting someone by choice that isn't a spirit... And you even had a little crush on this person.

You feel your cheeks blushing. "I hope this won't end in a disaster...", you mumble to yourself. Totally clean and dry now you get dressed. You decided to wear black jeans and your favorite hoodie, nothing special though. You are going to hang out with a friend, so why should you worry about your looks anyway?

To let the steam escape the bathroom you open the window, you feel cold wind welcoming your face, making your (h/c) hair a bit messy.

You go downstairs to grab a drink. As you arrived at the kitchen, you saw your mother sitting there, a cup of coffee in her right and a newspaper in her left hand, concentrating on the main article. Foxy curled up on a chair at the kitchen table, as you walk nearer he raises his head bit. You pet his head softly, as you walk by.

"Morning, mom. Don't you have to work today? It's a rare sight seeing you here not in a hurry." You mumble, as you head to the fridge.

"No... I recently got this day off, due to my over time..." She mumbles, still focusing on the article. You peek over her shoulder after you got yourself a glass of juice. It was about some occult club that tried to warn the masses about a high evil spirit. Not to mention they got torn apart by the journalists... No one who can't see spirits or had encountered them once before would believe in such things.

"Honey, have you seen more spirits recently?" She asks, not looking away from the newspaper and sipping from her coffee. "No, not really... Just at the hospital." You answered while you take a seat at the table.

"Yeah, sometimes, when a lot of people die in one day, it's hard for me to concentrate on my work, another reason why I have a day off today... More operations mean more deaths mostly...", your mother sighs sadly, before she stands up, refilling her cup again. "Anyway it's rare for me to have a day off. Let's do something together today!"

You start to scratch your cheek, which blushed in a light pink. "A-Actually... I-I'm already busy... I'm s-sorry. I'll m-meet later with Mob-kun..." Your mother looks at you with a curious expression on her face. "You are busy? Now THAT's rare." She says, smirking at you, pretending to wipe away a tear, she adds, "Oh my... I never thought I would experience the day my daughter has a date... I'm so happy right now."

"I-It's NOT a DATE. Mom!" You protest, stemming your hands to your hips.

"Yeah, sure, little pup..." Foxy says, followed by a light chuckle.

"Not you too, Foxy!", you hiss nerved to your friend.

"Okay, okay. Even though it's not a date you can't meet him in this outfit. You're going out, aren't you? You look like you wanted to stay at home and hang out on the couch, not like someone who wants to spend the day outside with her friends." Your mother complains and grabs your arm, "I'm going to dress you properly!"

"M-Moooommm...!", you whine quietly, as you get dragged upstairs.

...

Foxy straightens a bit as he heard you and your mother coming downstairs again, he wants to see what you're wearing now, after you mother dressed you, he's a bit curious. You come around the corner, your cheeks dark red. You wear thick black leggings, a dark, brown, cotton skirt, a white blouse and a black cardigan. Your boots' color is a bit lighter than your skirt's and your throat was wrapped with a red scarf. Both sides falling to the front, however the longer side ended at your hips and the other on at your chest. The spirit gasps quietly as he saw you. "You look good, little pup."