1 - The Encounter

*~(Note: Before you read let me first say thank you! Second. This is a collab story being written between Gaarasangel3  and myself we hope you enjoy it as the story progresses~♥ Let's see if you can tell where their part ends and mine begins!)~*

The stories about an old house, in a forest nearby your home, made you curious. You decide to get to the bottom of those rumors and travel in the middle of the night to that forest. The route to it is a bit off the normal, lighter route than that of the forest, you get your flashlight out of your backpack and go further, deeper inside the pitch black.

The wind blows gently through your (h/c) hair, as leaves fall down from the trees, it's autumn already. It was your favorite season, just every tree look good and colorful in that season, it isn't too cold, and not too hot, plus you could wear your favorite hoodie, too.

After a few minutes of walking through the forest you arrive at your destination. The old house of the stories is now in front of you, you feel a heavy weight on your chest, but still you feel attracted to it. The burden on your chest eases a bit as you open the door, you close your eyes for a moment because dust and leaves blow against you. Shivering lightly you get inside the house, closing the door behind you.

The furniture are made of wood mostly, they seem old, scratches, cracks and a thick layer of dust cover most of them. In the middle of the hall is a big staircase, that leads to the upper floor of the house and left to you is a big chimney. You check every corner of the house's ground floor, comparing the rooms with the photos on your phone.

"This really is the house, everyone is talking about... ", you mumble to yourself. "But I can't feel anything... Not a single spiritual power..."

You go cautiously upstairs, the stairs don't seem to be safe at all. As you get there you hear rain drops falling on the roof and the windows. "Great, now it starts raining, thank you weather forecast...", you bleat. "Seems I have to stay here, until it stops."

You sigh and go further, checking every corner of the upper floor you find a room that caught your attention. There is just a big cupboard inside, but what caught your attention is a window attached on the roof, you decide to sit under it. Hearing the sound of the raindrops that seem to form a lovely melody, watching them splashing on the window, it gives you the feeling of well-being and of completely satisfaction.

Several minutes pass by before a deep growl coming from outside, wakes you up from your comfy feeling, you cautiously got to the window, on your left side and peek outside. Then you saw it. An orange spirit, its shape is like a fox with two tails. A BIG fox, maybe with two to two and a half meters height and it slowly approaches the house.

"So that's the spirit haunting this building? It's quite huge. Is it an animal spirit or a deformed human spirit?", you wonder.

While falling into your thoughts you lost eyesight of the spirit, but you can feel it inside the house. The floor cracks quietly as you sneak to the stairs, controlling every corner with your eyes. The spirit you saw earlier, is now laying in front of the big chimney in the hall.

"Is it... sleeping?", you think. Again, a loud deep growl conquered the silence. You stand there in confusion and think: "I-It... Snores? Or perhaps... I-Its stomach is rumbling? Can spirits get h-hungry?" Again growling, now you are sure that this sound was coming from the fox's spirit's stomach.

You approach it cautiously, standing in a safe distance you stumble. "E... Ehm... Sorry... But... May...?" He doesn't seem to be scared or even uncomfortable as one eye of the fox spirit's opens, you see the color of it. It was red, like a shining ruby.

"Human... What do you want?", it asks with a nerved and deep voice. "Aren't you gonna ask why I can see you?", you give him a question instead of an answer. It holds his head a bit higher, a curious expression on his face. "I can smell your psychic vessel," it explains.

"But why can you understand me? I'm an animal spirit, normal psychics like you aren't capable of talking to me." You fold your arms, behind your head and answer with a big grin: "I'm not quite the common psychic. And you are not quite the common animal spirit... You're hungry aren't you? I never knew spirits can get hungry." The spirit looks a bit embarrassed, with a little deep orange blush it says: "Yeah, kind of..."