3 - Masking The Truth

*~(Note: There is bullying, and beating in this chapter.)~*

~~~A few minutes earlier~~~

A fit, golden haired woman with ocean blue eyes walked on the street of your home, looking nervously at her watch, she sighed. "Damn, I'm coming home way too late... Again... Shitty emergencies that aren't really one!" she thought.

She went around the corner, and saw her daughter standing in front of their house, holding onto a sweater from some black haired boy. Afraid of getting caught she hid behind the corner and watched carefully. "Who's that? Wait... I recognize this boy, he was at the hospital... Got a strong cold with a high fever or something... But what was his name again...?" Furrowing her brow, she tried to remember the name, but failed.

"How should I remember every name? I have too many patients everyday..." Your mother worked at the "Seasoning City Hospital" as a doctor, because of her job she stayed mostly at the hospital, even slept there sometimes.

"Bye, Mob-kun!"

The older woman got disrupted of her thoughts, seeing her daughter somehow get pushed inside the house, then she sensed something odd. "Not again, (Y/N)..." She sighed and went further, since the scenery got interrupted. As she went by the boy, he just nodded lightly, as a kind of greeting. "What a handsome boy, with good manners...", she thought.  "Maybe he is her... No, no, no. Not my (Y/N)... Too antisocial for being in a relationship that quick..." ~~~Present~~~

You sleep in your queen size bed, cuddling with your spirit friend, you didn't even change because you were that exhausted. Slowly your bed room door opens, and your mother stands at the door, watching you sleep peacefully.

"My, my... You can be so cute when you sleep... But you should have changed first...", she watches you a few minutes, then this odd feeling comes over her again. After all she just could sense a spirits presence, not knowing what it looks like or what it's up to she became over protective. She shivers, how could she possibly let you lay there with a spirit nearby, after all the pain you went through as a child? She never could.

She shakes you softly, you start to mumble something. "Honey, wake up." As you open your eyes you saw your mother above you, showing you a sincere smile, a few curls of her golden hair brush your cheek. You always did know your looks came from your father, which you could be sour about at times.

"M-Mom...?"

"Yes, Honey. I'm sorry that I'm late... Again... Let's go downstairs... We can order pizza, since it's Friday maybe we can watch a movie or something...", she tries to get you away from the spirit, in the most inconspicuous way she could think of.

"S-Sure..." You start rubbing your eyes. Now seeing clearly you ask your mother. "Shall I show you what I bought? There are even some colorful pieces, too."

"I would like that, mind showing me downstairs?"

"Why downstairs? I have the bags right he-", the scales felt from your eyes. "Wait... You want me to go downstairs because you sense a spirit, don't you? But..."

"No buts! You know that I'm...!", but she couldn't finish because you butt in on her.

"Over protective just like Foxy." You start petting Foxy, causing him to wake up, tears gathering in your eyes slowly not pleased about this situation. "When you weren't there, he was... He's a real good friend!" You sit up quickly.

"Little pup, what's wrong?" He looks at you confused then towards your mother. "Who's that?"

"I see... I'm really sorry, (Y/N) but...", your mother starts but you interrupt her again.