Salazar's

Rose woke cold and groped around for her blanket without opening her tired eyes

  Rose woke cold and groped around for her blanket without opening her tired eyes. She grabbed a piece of fabric and attempted to curl up in it, but it wouldn't budge.

"Augh, stop that," Al's voice mumbled next to her.

Al? She sat up quickly looking around. Why was Al in her room? Why wasn't she in her room? She blinked the sun from her eyes and found herself curled up with Al, Max, and Scor all in one kind of pile. In front of her was a vast stretch of sky, the lake, forest, mountains and Quidditch pitch off in the distance. They had fallen asleep on the roof? Why had they fallen asleep on the ceiling! Not only that, but a thin layer of snow coated them and was still falling. She scrambled quickly out of the pile shivering and looked over the edge where she could see straight down the mountain in which the castle was perched atop. She tried to call to the boys to wake them up but her voice was hoarse, and she was having trouble breathing. She began in a fit of sneezing that successfully stirred the boys to wake up. Two of the boys looked stunned as they peered around where they were. Max still had his head under the blanket. They looked over at Rose who noticed that Al and Scor had tomato red noses, puffy eyes, and open mouths.

"Wh-" muttered Scorpius. "How did we? Oh, Merlin." He curled up in the blanket they had been sharing the night before. He sounded nasally and very sick.

"Where's my watch?" she asked in the same nasally voice as Scorpius.

"Who cares about the watch?" said Al standing up. "It's snowing!"

"I need my watch to see what time it is!" Rose snapped. "We have classes today, remember?"

"Found it." Said Max holding it up without looking. He was balled up in his robe but didn't seem to sound sick.
Rose squealed when reading the time, and Scor covered her mouth.

"Shhh!" he hushed. "Do you know how much trouble we'd be in if they found us up here?"

"Who cares!" she squeaked, pushing his hand away. "We've missed Charms and the first fifteen minutes of Herbology!"

"Transfiguration!" Scor exclaimed gripping his hair.

"What?" Max hollered. "None of us ever sleep that late!"

"We never stay up so late either, come on!" She grabbed ahold of her broom and jumped off the roof followed by Al, then Scor, and Max who had borrowed a school broom.

It didn't take two minutes to get to the greenhouses and burst into greenhouse one to find it empty.

"Really!" huffed Max as they ran to the other greenhouses. "The one day we're late, they decide to do something interesting!"

"Max?" Rose breathed through her mouth. "Why aren't you sick?"

"What do you mean?"

"What? Am I speaking in riddle? Why aren't you sick?"

"I don't get sick very often," he replied hurriedly.

"But we fell asleep on the roof, and it began to snow... That's a valid reason for at least a sniffle." She argued.

"Really?" said Max in sarcasm. "Thank you for explaining what just happened."

She huffed irritably. She hated when Max became sarcastic.

They found their class in greenhouse two and walked in quickly taking any open spots in the crowd.

"You're late," said Professor Neville not looking up. "I do think- what in the world happened to you three!" he exclaimed now seeing them.

"It's a-" Al gasped. "we'll tell you later."

Neville was forced to move Rose, Al, and Scor to a smaller table in the corner of the room to collect Hipple Trap sap in fear of their sneezing and coughing getting the other students sick. Max, who didn't show any sign of sickness or even a runny nose, was able to work with his plant normal as anything. Professor Neville later had to have them clean tools instead because their sneezing and coughing was getting the Hipple Trap sick.

"One more vile guys, you're doing great!" said Neville walking over to the three in the corner. "Come with me," he mumbled to them, "Meet me outside. May I borrow this?" he asked kindly to a tree which was wrapped tightly in a blanket. "I'll give it right back." He pulled the quilt off the plant, it shivered, and he carried it outside with Rose, Al, Scor, and Max who slipped away from the table.

"What the heck have you gotten yourselves into?" he asked wrapping them tightly in the quilt, then standing back with his arms crossed.

"You know, when you look at us like that, we don't really want to tell you the truth," said Al.

Neville sighed. "You know I'm not gonna give you detention unless what you did was terrible."

Al bit his lip.

"That bad?" said Neville.

Al breathed heavily and told him almost exactly what happened. That the fireworks that Fred had bought them, had been lit, and they had been on the roof and had fallen asleep when it snowed.

Neville rubbed his eyebrows tiredly. "Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Max and Rose probably won't get detention if you two go to Professor Flitwick's office and apologize earnestly and offer to take makeup work. The bad news," he looked at Scor and Al. "is that Professor Donima won't be so lenient. She'll question you and don't you dare tell her the truth because what you guys did would be strike one for expulsion. She won't take sleeping in for an answer. Sorry guys, there's not much I can do for you here."

"Professor?" said a Slytherin girl poking her head through the door. "Jasper has got his hand stuck in the plant's mouth; it's eating his arm I think."

"Thank you, I'll be right in," he said, then turned back toward them. "Be more cautious, okay? You're gonna get caught one day, and it won't be by myself or Dalbert. I think- oh! You're bleeding Mr. Malfoy!"

"What?"

"Yeah like, right there, on your nose."

"Ugh," groaned Scorpius pinching his bloody nose. "It's normal," he said. "It happens when there are dramatic weather changes, going from the roof to the warm greenhouse, to back here again."

"Here," said Neville giving him a handkerchief from his back pocket. "It has dirt on it but, just go to Madam Pomfrey, have her fix you guys up. Er, Max you go too, just in case. And Mr. Malfoy? Don't be looking up; we don't want the blood rushing back into your nasal passages."

They did just as he had instructed, after flying up to the castle, they headed to the Matron who did fix them right up with a disgusting brown liquid that tasted of prunes. Max was acting very skittish when entering the hospital wing. The Matron spent more time with Max than with the others though he wasn't even sick.

"And he was with you three when you became sick?" she asked.

The three of them nodded. "Well, then I don't understand it," Rose said backing up. "Even one with an amazing immune system wouldn't have been able to hold off a virus like this, but this boy is completely healthy not even a sniffle. Do you mind if I take a bit of blood young man?" she asked looking him up and down, in his ears eyes, and mouth.

"Er, I'd really rather you not..." he said.

"But dear, it won't hurt at all, and I have never seen a student as healthy as you are, I mean honestly, not even a sniffle, it is cold season."
Max looked very uncomfortable and seemed to be trying to find an excuse not to.

"Come on, Max," said Al. "What? Are you afraid of needles?"

"Yes," he replied quite gruffly.

"Max..." said Rose with her eyebrows raised.
Maddox rolled his eyes and held out his arm as if this was a terrible idea.

"That's it," cooed Madam Pomfrey. "You have nothing to fear."

She pulled a rather long needle from a drawer and took some blood, simple as anything. Then she left Max with a green band-aid to cover the itty-bitty little pinprick she had left.

"What's your deal?" Scor asked as they were leaving. "Why are you so scared of healers?"

"I've had bad experiences with them," he grunted.

"But Madam Pomfrey is really nice," said Rose.

"Yeah, well they're not all."

Max and Rose hurried to Professor Flitwick's office to do just as Neville had instructed them. Apparently, that lesson had been a review to see if everyone remembered what they had learned in past lessons. He told them in a squeaky voice that if they performed the Charms now, then they wouldn't be in trouble. So, they spent lunch performing what they had learned and really enjoyed it. Flitwick conjured up soup for them to eat afterward, them having missed lunch. He used a charm to make it float, and they all ate it out of the air.

Al and Scor didn't look so cheery when seeing them in the library.

"The old hag is having us rearrange the books in alphabetical order!" Al growled.

"Okay, don't call her a hag, not all the books," said Scor. "But this does suck."

Rose had just turned to show Max the goblet of water she had just successfully turned to ink in Transfiguration class later that day, to find that Max's goblet was oozing a thick brown goop that spread rapidly across his desk and onto his arms. He stood up quickly knocking his desk to the floor and rubbing the steaming sludge off his arms. Rose doused him with water from her wand lazily, being all too used to accidents in Transfiguration.

"Mr. Everard!" called Professor Donima, scooping the goo from the stone floor with her wand. She examined it carefully; it was still expanding in the air. Max sat back down looking grumpy and soaking wet. "I-" Donima stammered. "I have never seen any student do this to water. I didn't even know it was possible."

"I like to leave a mark," said Max.

She sighed. "Extra homework, as usual, Mr. Everard. Don't have Miss. Weasley do it this time, I can tell, your handwriting is completely different."

"So?" asked Scorpius when meeting them for dinner. "What did he do this time? I noticed the bandages on his arms."

"He turned water into a goo that burnt him," Rose replied.

"How bad?"

"First degree, Max, take your bandages off," she insisted.

"Not now," Max groaned. "I just want to eat."

"Honestly," she huffed pulling a small corner of the bandage off.
Al and Scorpius leaned in close.