Moonacher

The following day was Friday, and Rose's sleep was disturbed by Danielle Daniels prodding her awake

  The following day was Friday, and Rose's sleep was disturbed by Danielle Daniels prodding her awake. Rose yawned tiredly.

"What?" she moaned rolling over.

"Why did you come to bed so late?" Danielle asked. Rose, perplexed said,

"I had detention."

"Oh, well I was wondering because you came upstairs awfully giggly. I thought you might have been up kissing some boy."

"No, Danielle, I was not kissing," Rose replied flatly. "Is that why you woke me?"

"Oh right!" she said. "Umm, there's this boy downstairs, he wanted me to come get you."

"It's Maddox," she said yawning. "He can wait." and she rolled over again.

"Okay," said Danielle standing up and heading back toward the door.

"But he has a bag over his head."
Rose sat up.

"He has a what?"

"A bag," Danielle repeated. "Over his head. He sounds rather frantic. What? Did you give him a hickey?"

"WE WERE NOT SNOGGING!" Rose shouted, grabbing her baseball cap and tearing pass Danielle out the door. "I'M ONLY ELEVEN!"
Rose hurried downstairs, half worried, half curious.

She got to the common room and looked around. There were a few Gryffindors lounging in armchairs, but she couldn't see Max. She stood in the middle of the room looking around.

"You looking for the kid with the bag over his head?" said a seventh-year boy from the couch.

"Yeah, where is he?" she responded.

The boy pointed to the staircase that Rose had just hurried down. She ran back up and stopped where the path split to the girl's and boy's staircase. She found him sitting on the boy's stairs with his nose so close to the pages of the book, From Mars to Me, that he couldn't possibly be reading it.

"Max?" she said cautiously pulling the book away from his face, his hair was long again so she couldn't even see his side profile.
Max, however, held the book firmly over his face.

"No," he mumbled.

"Oh come on," she pleaded. "You called me down here, and you're not even going to tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm not moving the book," he said through clenched teeth. "because of them." he released one of the fingers that had been clenched around the book to point behind her.
She turned to see a small group of Gryffindors turn away quickly and pretend they hadn't been watching.

"Come on," She huffed as she drug him further up the boy's staircase and into their hall.

"Rose, you can't be up here!" he protested when quickly looking over his book to see where they were.