Vladimir D'artagnan Everard

Rose woke the next morning painfully

  Rose woke the next morning painfully. She turned in her four poster bed to see what that stabbing pain was. On her pillow was Mary's bloody owl! Rose stood up angrily, grabbed the owl, and threw it out the window where it screeched indignity and flew away.
Rose moved the sleeve of her nightshirt to see if the owl bite was bleeding.

"Better not let Mary see you do that." said a tired voice. It was Alexis. "She won't like it much."

"I don't give a crap what Mary thinks," said Rose angrily. "If she refuses to lock that bird away she shouldn't expect anything less than for someone to throw it from a window. It's already seven, I'm going for breakfast."

And she slipped on her uniform, brushed her hair, and teeth then made for the great hall.

She got there to find the great hall already quite full of students but there was no sign of Al or Scorpius at the Slytherin table.
So, she joined her other classmates with the Gryffindors.
She looked up to see Vladimir, the metamorphmagus Gryffindor, across from her.

"You know my cousin is half metamorphmagus." she said addressing the boy, whose hair was a violent shade of orange.

"Yeah?" he replied looking up, and she noticed that he had purple eyes and small freckles across his nose. "What can he do?"

"Everything." she responded slightly confused, "Can't you?"

"I have trouble changing my height," he said through a mouth full of toast. "I'm Darren." He stretched out a hand.

"I thought your name was Vladimir." she said confusedly gripping his hand.

"Oh, well it is. But I go by Darren. My middle name is D'artagnan, see? And I prefer it, though nobody uses that name, Darren's shorter, but you can call me Maddox if you want. . . Some people call me Magus, but please don't."

"Why do people call you Magus?" she asked finally releasing her hand from that extensive shake.

"Because they're stupid," he said tearing apart his bacon. She continued watching him until he looked back up. "Metamorph-Magus." he enlightened.

"Wait, I'm confused," said Rose dropping a biscuit that she had been buttering. "Am I calling you Vladimir, D'artagnan, Darren, or Maddox? Cause I can't call Magus. And where the heck did Maddox come from?"

He dropped his bacon and closed his eyes seemingly getting ready for something.

"Okay, my name is Vladimir D'artagnan Everard. My entire life I've been called Maddox by the other kids in town because I look like that bass player Maddox from the band Hallows Hoot who also has indigo hair, which is the color I normally go with. I don't like being called Vladimir because it was my granddad's name who I absolutely hated. I am called Darren by the old people in town who know my name isn't actually Maddox. I am only called Everard by teachers. So, to narrow it down, you can call me Maddox, or Darren."
Rose nodded slowly and began buttering her biscuit again.
A moment later he said,