Hagrid's Visit

Rose woke to feel ruffled, it had taken a while for her to get to sleep the previous night

 Rose woke to feel ruffled, it had taken a while for her to get to sleep the previous night. One of the reasons being Mary's snoring. Rose walked to the window to see what time it was; her wrist watch was still glitching. The sky was a dull blue, the sun had not yet risen, but there was a streak of red from behind the mountains across the lake from where the sun was.

Knowing that Al was an early riser, she decided to head to breakfast early, she had to see him. She pulled on her Hogwarts robes and when grabbing her tie, she noticed a slip of paper on her bedside cabinet that hadn't been there before. When picking it up, she saw that it was a map to the basics of the castle and wouldn't voice how thankful she was for it.

With map in hand, she quickly found her way back to the oak front doors and into the Great Hall. To her surprise, the room was completely empty, so she took her seat at the Gryffindor table, hoping that she wasn't too early. Rose began scratching at a drawing that had been carved into the wood table. There were many, some were small one words carvings, like a name, others were four-inch notes and some were drawings. Rose was especially interested in a bit of sloppy writing that said,

Abigail, if you're reading this, Jack had a huge crush on you.
-Sincerely, Wingman.

She smiled slightly but positively jumped when a voice sounded behind her.

"Not carving into the tables are we?" It was Professor Kemp.

"Oh! Oh no, Professor," Rose stammered.

Kemp took a seat on the bench beside her.

"Ah, far too often, Hogwarts is vandalized, by me as well to be honest. I have a nasty habit of doodling on our surfaces when I get bored. Of course, I have to erase it as soon as I realize what I'm doing, Professor Donima would be out for my blood. Takes away a bit of the natural beauty, she says." Kemp pulled out his wand and waved it lazily above the writing which disappeared instantly. He stopped above the message that Rose had been looking at.

"Huh," he gave a small chuckle. "I think I'll leave that one there actually." He looked over at Rose and extended his hand happily.

"My name is, Kemp."

"Yes, I know," she responded, grasping his hand and hoping that she hadn't sounded rude.

"Forgive me for not remembering your name, I have a terrible habit of doing that, forgetting names, quite inconvenient being in my position believe me."

"Oh, that's alright Professor, it's Weasley, well, Granger-Weasley."
He laughed slightly.

"And your first?"

"Rose?" There really was no need for him to know her first name, Professors never used them.

"Ah, nice to meet you Rose Granger-Weasley, I am Eldric Goofbi Kemp."
Rose tried to conceal a smile.