The Trip Between Nine and Ten

Rose Weasley is starting her first year at Hogwarts, but she and her friends become tangled in ransom, betrayal, and kidnap; problems that are not their own but of an Unfortunate Son of a Lunatic.

It had taken eleven years, eleven very long years, but the waiting was almost over. Rose Weasley, a girl who carries a main of strawberry curls on her shoulders, presently haloed around her round freckled face, laid in bed that night wide awake in the dark, tapping her finger against her wrist, thinking about what is soon to come.

Her Uncle, Harry, was a very kind man very humble despite his involuntary fame. For he was known throughout the Wizarding world, as a hero.

Yes, Rose was a witch who lived in a family all blessed with magic. But the community of magical people was forced to hide their powers from the outside world in fear of prosecution.

Thirty-six years ago, there was a wizard, a malevolent dark wizard who was hellbent on power and attempted overthrowing the Ministry of Magic, (The magical government.) His name, for years, was feared to be even uttered in the quietest manner. He called himself, Voldemort.

But his reign of terror, of killing, was seemingly over when he had attempted to murder an innocent child, a baby that was prophesied to one day destroy him; this baby was Harry. Harry's parents were killed in the attack of Godric's Hollow, Halloween night, 1981. But due to the power of a mother's love, and the sacrifice of her own life, little Harry survived the killing curse which rebounded, destroying Voldemort instead. The child emerged from his demolished home in the arms of a giant. The boy not only received a life of trauma, unwanted attention and a world without loving parents, be he gained a scar on his forehead, a gash the shape of a lightning bolt. The entire wizarding world celebrated that night, and gave little Harry Potter the title of 'the boy who lived.'

That would have been an excellent end to the story, unfortunately, unlike everyone had thought, Voldemort had not died. He returned, more powerful and more terrible than ever before, thirteen years later. But again, through much pain, much sacrifice, yes, sacrifice, Harry again defeated Voldemort. This time, he did not do it alone, friends, mentors, teachers, and leaders stood by him. Two of these friends, of Harry's best friends, were named Ron and Hermione, and that is who Rose was, she was the daughter of Ron and Hermione. A witch and a wizard who had second handily defeated Voldemort. Both her mother and her father had worked at the Ministry of Magic after that, both with high positions. Presently, her mother works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and her father worked as an Auror, a dark wizard catcher, before quitting to help his brother run a popular joke shop.

In ten hours' time, Rose would be leaving to go to a place most muggle children called a prison but of which the sons and daughters of wizards dreamed of going, school. It was a thrilling thing to be excepted to this school. Rose had been alive for over eleven years and had not lived a day in which the thought of her present tomorrow had not crossed her mind. Atop a mountain, across a lake and through a forest Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry resided. This enchanted castle was known to be the best school in Britain, the best in the world she would argue from mere stories of the place. At this palace was where the final battle between darkness and light had taken place. The battle of Hogwarts when Harry faced Voldemort and destroyed him. The end of the second wizarding war only increased the school's popularity. There was now a small museum dedicated to the wizarding wars, Voldemort, and Harry Potter inside the walls of Hogwarts to be visited at will by admiring students. Maybe slightly awkward for Rose to be seeing a man she remembered showing up to her sixth birthday party dressed as a unicorn because Professor Hagrid's had run away and couldn't make it to the party. She, of course, knew that he wasn't a real unicorn and found the humor to be much preferred over the magical beast anyway. He was asked to do children's birthday parties after that. But she looked forward to laughing at the plaques describing her Uncle's heroism. He deserved it, of course, but she anticipated making fun of him.