xiv. dinner date pt.2

"Reservations?"

"Yes, Dolan for 7:30."

"Right this way, sir," the hostess leads Ethan and I towards the very back in a quiet corner, the lights dimmed but beautiful. Our table was already set, a red rose in the very middle in a mini vase. A bottle of champagne awaits us as well. We even had a nice view of the city.

"Hope you enjoy your evening," she gives us a smile before walking back towards the front of the restaurant. I swallow, glancing over everything. I could definitely get used to this.

"This is absolutely beautiful," I say breathlessly, watching as Ethan tries to open the champagne bottle. The cap flies right into my lap.

Laughter escapes both of us before he pours some in my glass before pouring some in his.

"Well, I was hoping it would be something nice. I hope you don't think I overdid it," he says. I scoff, brushing that off.

"You did just perfect!" I hold up my glass for a toast.

"Cheers."

"For what?" he asks now, but still holds his up with that charming smile of his.

"Cheers to us; now and forever," I declare.

"To us; now and forever," Ethan repeats, toasting our glasses together as we took a sip. In my opinion, the champagne was fantastic, but Ethan wasn't too thrilled with the taste, as I could see in his eyes how much he despised it.

"Good evening," our waiter says, his teeth pearly white like he had bleeched them. Or maybe they're natural. "My name is Aaron and I will be your waiter. What can I start you off with?" He sets down two small napkins and hands us a menu, pulling out a notepad to write on.

"April," Ethan gestures to me to go first.

"I'm going to get a water, with lemon."

"Alright. And do you know what you want to eat?"

"Yes, I'll get the grilled chicken with a side of steamed vegetables and that special sauce you drip over the chicken," I reply, waiting for him to write all that down before handing him the menu.

"And for you, sir?" He now turns to my boyfriend.

"I'll get a sweet tea, no lemon, and to eat I'd like the lasagna with a salad on the side," he says, handing the menu back to Aaron.

"Okay, we'll serve that out in a few," Aaron smiles before leaving us to ourselves for a while. I adjust my purse in the seat beside me, listening to the soft blend music playing in the background.

"What's the game plan for tonight?" I question. Ethan rubs his hands together, smiling.

"Well, I was hoping that we'd get the chance to go to the mall, then go ice skating or something. Maybe I'll do some early Christmas shopping," he winks, my heart leaping about damn near out of my chest.

"Christmas is in five to six months, why so early?" I laugh, taking a sip of my lemon water. He shrugs while playing with the straw. It twirls gracefully.

"I don't know really," he answers. "Maybe I'd just like to give you a little something else."

"You've already given me enough," I insist.

"But I want to spoil you."

"I'm sure you want to do other things, too," I cross my arms and stare him in the face. I know he cannot be serious right now.

"Of course I do," he eyes my body frame slowly, his tongue leisurely sliding across his mouth. My insides tingle and his eyebrows knit downwards in that sexy ass smirk that turns me on.

"You know I'd love to do a lot of things. But for right now, I just want to spoil you, protect you, and give you the world. I'm prepared to love you, love you more than any man ever possibly could love a woman," his voice is a tad deeper.

As I stare dead into his eyes replaying the words and tone in my head, his gaze rips away from me and to Aaron as he brings us our food. I'm still thinking even as Ethan acknowledges me.

"She's alright, she's just..." He pauses, taking some time to stare at me. My eyebrow arches. "Thinking," he nods as if he were certain that's what was happening to me.

"Alright, well here is your check. If you need anything just call me over," Aaron smiles nicely before leaving our check and leaving our area to serve others.

Just imagining all the things Ethan could do to me makes me bite my lip to hold back the moan I wanted to so desperately let out. His fingers brushing up against my skin; his strong arms holding me down and flexing every time I hit a soft spot. The way his teeth would graze across his teeth and his face contort in pain but also in pleasure, the smack of our bodies. It would be fantastic to me.

"Will do," Ethan nods, starting to eat his food. I snap out of my trance and eat my food, too.

After eating a fantastic meal and having small talk here and there, Ethan picks up the check and let's me wait in the car until he's done paying. I made sure that I left a tip before exiting.

The cool spring breeze hits my bare shoulders as I step outside, glancing up at the sunkissed sky. Tangerine, fusia, rose, lavender and baby blue streak it, making it that much more beautiful. Then I began to think.

Maybe I've always taken things for granted like my best friends, my family, my exes - only some - and aquatints. I've taken life for granted. I didn't want to go out and have fun with friends, doing fun activities such as surfing lessons, yoga sessions, and traveling to Japan every year with Malorie.

Maybe in this moment, right now, I'm experiencing self discovery. Do I like ice skating? Am I a fan of certain music? Who am I? I smile at the thought that I could be anything and everything I ever desired.

"Ready babe?" Ethan's voice suddenly says, my head turning behind me to see him standing by the door. A look of admiration is struck on his face.

"Yes," I smile, allowing him to open the door open for me. Warmth engulfs us as we drive towards the direction of the mall, the time on the dashboard reading a quarter passed nine.

"We don't have to do ice skating if you don't want," Ethan says out of the blue. I glance at him with a troubled expression.

"Well, I mean it is in the middle of May. So I guess we can go bowling?" I suggest. I haven't been bowling in three years, since the passing of my grandmother.

"That'd be fine with me," Ethan takes a hold of my hand, smiling brightly at me.

A/N
SURPRISE!!
I've been working on this for three days, and decided to finally pick back up in this book! :)) there may be slow updates because of a big exam coming up, but I love that more of you are reading! Thanks so much!!