chapter 25

amanda

i grab the keys to my car, guiding ezra out and helping her get inside. she buckles up on her own and i shut the door, walking around to get in on the driver's side.

i start it up, the cackling of the old engine getting louder and louder until it comes to a hault with its usual running sound.

i put the car in reverse, pulling out of my driveway and heading to shawn's.

-

i reach his street, stopping at the stop sign to let a car pass. my green orbs watch it slowly move in front of us, quickly darting to his house after it passes completely.

my lips slightly part before i step on the gas, shawn's jeep pulling into his driveway. from where we were parked, i could see another female figure hop out. long, dark brown hair, tied back in a tight high pony. her short skinny body, pale complexion. it couldn't be anyone else besides bethany.

"dear, who is that?" ezra's voice is calm beside me, oblivious to the fact that that was shawn's ex.

i don't make a sound, but continue to watch them. shawn walks over to her, draping his arm over her shoulders and kissing her on the lips.

"oh, i'm so sorry dear," i feel ezra's hand touch mine, somehow keeping me from speeding off and consequently hurting her.

"i'll be right back," my voice is shaky.

"be careful, sweety," ezra calls and i nod, sliding out of my car and closing the door. i speed walk to the front of shawn's house, sucking in a deep breath.

i push the doorbell, soft steps slowly approaching me from the other side. the door flies open, bethany's hair wisping back in her face.

"what the fuck do you want?" she snaps and i hear shawn yell.

"beth, babe, who is it?!" his figure appears behind her, his eyes slowly dimming as he sees me.

"amanda.." his voice cracks.

"so this is what you do, shawn?" i clench my jaw, several tears rolling off of my soft cheeks.

"you-"

"yeah, yeah. this was all fucking me. you just.." my anger rises more and more by the second.

"i just can't fucking believe you, shawn!!" i scream at him, pushing his chest roughly.

"what do you want, amanda?" he asks me, rolling his eyes.

"i hate you," i hiss and his eyes go wide, and beth just stares. it looked like she felt bad for me, felt bad that shawn and i were in this mess.

i sob, covering my mouth as i rush back to ezra.

shawn

i hate you

those were the three words i never thought i would hear amanda say to me. or anyone, really.

amanda always loved everyone, and for her to tell me she hated me, crushed me. crushed me, i tell you.

i knew that when beth got in my car, it was all going to end bad again.

but i didn't think amanda would hate me.

there had to be a reason she came over. maybe she wanted to tell me something, or give something back to me. and maybe her plans changed when she saw beth get out of my car.

my memory flashes back to the past fifteen minutes.

black car, left headlight out. blonde headed driver. that looks like amanda. but why is she parked at the end other end of my street when she lives at the north end? why was there an old lady in the passenger seat? no, it isn't amanda.

it was amanda.

amanda

i went the long way to shawn's because honestly, i didn't want to apologize just yet. i was afraid he wouldn't forgive me, but by taking the long way, i had more time to think about it.

that backfired.

"amanda, i'm so sorry," ezra says, her eyes replete with sorrow.

i felt embarrassed to cry in front of her, we only just met today and she already has to see me like this.

"let's drive to tim's, talk about it over coffee or something?" she asks, trying to cheer me up.

"i- i don't like coffee," i say and she smiles.

"hot chocolate?" she tries and i nod, pulling away from shawn's house and heading to tim's.

-

a/n i'm sorry this is like really bad lol

xx, char