chapter 19

amanda

i remain in the same position, laying on top of him with a cheesy smile stretching across my lips.

i lean down, brushing my lips across his and rolling off of him into a standing position.

"don't tease me," he groans, standing up in an attempt to pull me back on the bed. the adrenaline builds inside of me and i dart away to my shower, hearing shawn's footsteps close behind. i make it to the door, quickly pushing it open. before i can shut it, two muscular arms strap around me, pulling me off of the ground.

"ugh," i huff in defeat.

"get ready. we're going somewhere," he smiles, kissing me softly before he says, "and no, i'm not telling you where."

"why not?" i ask and he walks out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. i I could easily go outside again and ask, but he'd never tell me. instead, i enjoy my warm shower and finish up my routine.

-

as i slipped my fresh shirt over me, i open the door to a room of silence. shawn was sprawled out on my bed, scrolling through his phone. his head was facing the headboard, so he couldn't see me, giving me the opportunity to scare him.

slowly, i creep over to him. i jump, but feel shawn flip over underneath me, wrapping his arms around me so i'm defenseless.

"i had it on selfie mode. i could see you," he laughs, kissing my forehead.

"you're such a bitch, mendes," i return a laugh and slide off of him.

"now. where are we going?" i stand straight, putting my hands on my hips.

"you'll see," he says, walking past me.

"no, tell me," i twist around, grabbing his toned bicep, stopping him.

"you'll. see," he says again, a small smirk playing on his soft pink lips.

i roll my eyes, grabbing his hand as he leads me downstairs. he grabs the keys to his black jeep from my table and we head outside, getting in his car.

-

"what is this?" i ask him, gaping up at the mountain i've never seen before.

"this is only a two hour hike, but it has the best scenery here. at least, that's what i've heard." he says and i smile at him.

"oh, and," he twists on his heels, walking to the back of his car and lifting the trunk, coming back to me with a basket in his hands.

"a picnic?" i ask and he nods, a toothless smile stretched from one of his cheeks to the other.

"you may be a bitch, mendes, but you're a pretty sweet one," i tell him and he laughs, grabbing my hand as we begin to ascend.

-

"wow," i speak breathlessly at the view. though it wasn't a long hike up, it had damn good scenery.

"do you like it?" shawn asks and i look back at him as he starts to lay the blanket down.

"yes," i respond, walking over to him and kissing him on the forehead. i sit on the blanket, laying the food down on the cloth.

his large figure sits in front of me, grabbing some food and starting to eat it while gazing at the view.

"how did you find this place?" i ask him, popping a grape into my mouth.

"you really want to know?" he asked and i nodded. a few moments of silence pass before he responds.

"ian told me his first time was up here," he says and i choke on my food.

"shawn!!" i slap him playfully as he cracks up.

"you said you wanted to know!" he defends himself, holding his hands up. i shake my head, slightly cringing at the short story.

-

we finished our meal a few minutes later, cleaning up our mess and heading back down.

-

as i'm walking, i feel my balance shake all of the sudden.. i stumble, tripping over a rock and falling to the ground.

"amanda!" shawn's voice is distant as i roll down the hill in pain, not being able to stop. seconds later, feel my body crash into a tree, everything slowly fading, dark spots taking over the only light i could see. soon enough, there was nothing but black.

-

a/n short but intense ! happy october first 🎃

xx, char