chapter 17

shawn

i sighed, running my fingers through my hair as i sat in this boring class. i stared down at my blank page which should be full with notes, but i was deaf to the sound of mrs. smith's teaching.

"hey," a female voice is heard from behind me. i turn around, looking at the blonde.

"yeah?" i ask, watching her finger as she twists a strand of her long blonde locks around it.

"can you help me?" she asks, batting her eyelashes.

i laugh, "with what?"

"umm," she purses her lips, looking for a problem she clearly wasn't having any trouble with.

"this one," she points to a equation with a barely visible answer. i turn the paper around, trying to identify her previous answer. it was correct.

"you had it right," i tell her and she blushes. i roll my eyes, turning around.

"hey," she turns me around again.

"what?" i ask, slightly annoyed.

"can i have your number?" she asks and i sigh. it's the only way to keep her off of me.

"sure," i pull a fake smile, writing my number down at the top of her sheet of notes.

"thanks," she says, smiling brightly. i nod, turning back around.

"doesn't he have a girlfriend?" i hear someone whisper and my head snaps in that direction. a brunette girl appears. bethany.

before i can say anything, the bell rings, beth up in a split second. i knew where she was going. to tell amanda.

i scoop all of my stuff up in my arms quickly, chasing after her.

"beth!" i yell, looking for her speedy figure in the crowded hall. i find it, my feet taking my body away from a standing position.

as the hall gets more crowded, i lose her. i sigh, but keep searching. "beth!" i call again. nothing.

the halls empty a few minutes later, and there she was. talking to amanda.

i see her point at me, amanda's face growing furious. she rushes out of the building, bethany coming toward me in victory.

"what did you tell her?!" i scream at her.

"the truth." she says, walking off. i grit my teeth, rushing out of the building in an attempt to stop amanda from driving off.

as i open the double doors, she was gone.

"shit," i curse, throwing my things on the ground and running my fingers through my hair.

i take a deep breath, picking everything up again and walking to my class to at least finish the day.

-

i sit in my jeep, staring at her door from the street. do i just walk up there? just apologize?

i didn't know what to do. yes, i did give her my number, but not for that. i gave it to her so she'd stay off my back.

just tell her that, shawn. she'll understand.

"okay," i tell myself, opening the door and stepping out. i walk up to her door, knocking on it.

i hear footsteps come close and it opens. amanda was there with messy hair and puffy red eyes.

"mands, let me explain," i tell her, trying to come in.

"stay out," she pushes against my chest.

"did you really give her your number?"

"i-"

"yes or no?!" she raises her voice.

"y-yes, but," i try to explain myself.

"there's no buts," a single tear strolls down her cheek, "just leave me alone." she slams the door.

i let out a shaky breath, slowly walking back to my car. i hop in, just sitting there.

"god damnit!" i scream, slamming my fists on the wheel.

"i always fuck up."

-

a/n welp. && sorry if this sucks but i wanted to get a quick one in for mands.

xx, char