chapter 14

amanda

"this is it." shawn says as the engine's roars die down.

"wow," i breathe, "it really is four hours," i gape up at the tall mountain. a vehicle pulls up beside us, charli and brian coming into view. i smile wide, jumping out.

"char!" i scream, bouncing into a hug.

"well hello there," she says, wrapping her arms around me. after a few moments, we break away and begin talking.

"i have to tell you something," i say, walking towards the beginning of the trail.

"we're gonna start guys!" char yells back at them. they nod and we begin.

"what is it?" she says, looking at me anxiously. i turn back at shawn then look back at her.

"no fucking way!" she screams, pushing me over a little bit. "amanda, that's great."

"i know," i blush, pushing my loose hairs behind my ear.

"how are you and brian?" i ask her and she grins.

"amazing," she says.

we walk a little farther before looking back, the boys almost caught up.

"wanna have a little race?" charli yells and their heads snap up. i see brian smirk at her, suddenly darting in our direction, dust flying behind him. shawn smiles at him, a loose laugh escaping his lips. a few seconds later, he catches me staring at him and starts sprinting toward me.

"oh shit," i laugh, my legs beginning to move.

i reach charli, not able to pass her as shawn wraps his arms around my waist.

"how.. the fuck.. did you.. already pass.. brian?" i ask breathlessly.

"if i was chasing anything else i wouldn't of put effort into it, but i was chasing you," he says.

"i-"

"come on, cliches!" charli yells from forty feet in front of us. i give shawn a quick kiss and run out of his grip, making him chase me again.

"maybe we can have shower sex when we get back!" i hear him yell and charli starts laughing uncontrollably.

"shawnn," i stop in my tracks, glaring at him.

"what? you think they haven't had sex before?" shawn asks as he kisses down my neck after reaching me again.

"stop," i push his face away, my feet striding against the dirt path.

"brian, hurry up! you're slow as fuck!" charli yells, yet again, and suddenly brian bursts past us. i laugh along with shawn, as we watch char's boring expression change into an impressed one.

-

"i'm so tired," i complain as we reach the top.

"oh really? miss, only four hours," shawn puts his hands on his hips.

"they need to slow down," i change the subject, watching charli and brian rush down the mountain.

i feel shawn's shoulders underneath my thighs, my feet no longer touching the ground.

"shawn, no, no, no, no!" i screech, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"relax, i'm not going to drop you," he says and we start going downward.

"shawn!" i scream, almost choking him.

"amanda, i'm doing this so you don't have to walk," he says and i smile, but remain scared.

"please don't drop me," i beg him, nuzzling my head into his shoulder.

"i won't, i promise," he says and we venture on.

-

"we'll see you guys tomorrow, right?" charli asks and i nod, mentally pleading shawn not to say anything.

"okay, bye," char hugs me, shawn and brian doing the same, but a "bro" hug.

we watch them drive off and then we get in our own car.

"amanda, why didn't you tell me we were going to do something with them tomorrow?!" he asks, getting mad.

"because i didn't think you'd approve," i say, biting the inside of my cheek.

"what makes you think i will now?! amanda i just want to spend time with you," he says.

"shawn, we can next weekend. i just missed char and really wanted to see her before she goes back," i say and he sighs.

"..okay."

-

we get to his house, my small feet pushing my tired body up the familiar stairs.

"i'm going to showe-" i begin, but shawn's lips cut me off, as usual.

"shawn-" i breathe, pushing him off of me.

"i'm going to take a shower," i say, "we can continue this when i get out."

"what about what i said when we were hiking? baby girl, i wasn't kidding," he says, coming closer. i look in his eyes, a sudden outburst of emotions for him taking over me.

"o-okay," i say, my eye lids feeling weak as he kissed down my neck. he gripped the back of my thighs, picking me up and setting me down on the bathroom counter.

i push through his soft brown curls with my fingers, shawn moaning slightly.

we separate for a moment, stripping from our clothes.

"i love you," he says in a meaningful and passionate tone.

"i love you more," i say and he carries me to the shower, the warm water suddenly pouring down on us.

-

a/n ILLUMINATE COMES OUT TONITE IM SO PUMPED

xx, char