Chapter 16 - Oh, I'm not gonna kill you

My plan failed. Who was I to think that I could out run the Joker? It didn't take him very long to catch up to me, I gave up. Why was I even running? I couldn't escape him. He was going to kill me anyways. I stopped abruptly, this confused Mr J for a second before he roughly grabbed my arm and pushed me towards one of his henchmen who caught me.

"You know what to do!" Mr J said.

The Henchman who caught me dragged me away from Mr J back into the Asylum away from the chaos and into the horrific, death filled rooms. Bodies of guards and doctors lay scattered across the floors. I could taste the bile rising in my throat, this was all my fault. If only I had listened to the warden then none of this would've happened. No, who am I kidding; he would've done it regardless. I caught sight of a guard lying on the floor, a survivor. His eyes held so much pain but when he looked at me the pain was replaced with instant worry. I'll be fine I mouthed to him. He shook his head but I couldn't risk anymore lives for my own life.

I recognised where we were going, the old torture chambers. Cold air swept down the corridors making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on edge. This area of the asylum always petrified me. The Jokers henchman came to a stop, before grabbing my wrists and tying them together with rope.

"Don't do anything funny" The Man snapped as he pushed me into the room.

Loads of other henchmen grabbed me and pushed me onto the chair and strapped me in. Scared was an understatement, add the anxiety to my nervous wreck self and the dizziness of an concussion from earlier, as well a heart ache and excruciating pains, I was better off dead. He was going to kill me, I was sure of it. I closed my eyes and images filled my mind of my mother's screams as the joker tortured her. His voice interrupted the hazy, painful memories.

"What do we have here?" The Joker cackled.

We were alone, his henchmen disappeared. Then there was this bright light shining down on to me.

"What you gonna do? You gonna kill me Mr J?" I asked, trying to keep up my strength and not sound feeble.

"What?" He laughed.

My vision began to blur and I was seeing three Jokers infront of me. But something was in his hands, something electrical.

"Oh, I'm not gonna kill you. I'm just gonna hurt you. Really, really bad"

"You think so? Well I can take it"

Then he pressed whatever he held in his hands against my temples and shocked me. The pain was excruciating. I tried to remind myself to stay strong and don't show any sign of weakness. Again and again he shocked me. I don't know how I managed to stay quiet as he cackled away.