Chapter 12- The Joker's Tale Part 2

I don't know how I managed to pull myself together this morning and drag myself to work but I did. I was beyond nervous to say the least. After yesterday's conversation with Mr J, and the visit with my mother I was left confused. The guards at the asylum gave me a polite smile as I rushed down the corridors to Mr J's cell. Without warning I stumbled into his cell where he was sat contemplating things. He wasn't aware of my presence but I noticed how tense his body was, his fragile, messed up mind miles away from this moon.

"J" I whispered taking a few steps towards him cautiously.

Nothing, he stared into space as if he didn't hear me, what was the matter with him? I inched myself closer towards him out of habit, I could feel the force bringing me closer to him. Glancing down at his hands I could tell he was shaking uncontrollably. It was the drugs, the drugs they were forcing Mr J to take. His eyes flickered to mine and there was no emotion in them, no flicker of life, no flame, just darkness. His voice was flat when he finally spoke.

"Harley, I am surprised to see you back"

"I am too" I responded bluntly.

"Are you ready to hear the rest of my life story? Because it began with when I married a beautiful woman, I was madly in love with her but she wanted more out of life, a big house, a family. It was something I couldn't provide since I was working in a small factory. We barely had enough money to survive so when she discovered that she was pregnant, I knew I must do something. She was very unhappy and I was terrified she would leave me. That's when I became red hood, a low-key criminal. I worked on little project with a gang but one day it went terribly wrong. My wife was going into early labour and I was supposed to be helping with this shipment coming in. Stressed that my wife would be delivering the baby at home alone with a nurse, I panicked and stole something from the gang. Of course they found out and that's when someone arrived at my house. They filmed my wife being killed and the baby being born from her lifeless body before strangling it. It was enough to drive me insane. I gave back what I stole. I no longer needed it but there was this one day at work when they were hovering around the factory and there was this terrible accident and I fell into the acid, earning these scars. And that's how I became the Joker"