Chapter 14 - His Toy

His touch ignited something dark within me, something I was completely unaware of, but I felt so alive. It was like I've finally started breathing. As I stood up to comprehend what I had done; I kissed a patient, how irresponsible and reckless was I? Yet why did everything seem so much clearer now, like why I am in the job I am in? Was it fate bringing me and Puddin together?

"Harley" Mr J spoke breaking my thoughts.

I wasn't alert; I was lost and almost jumped from his touch. His fingers caressed my cheek as his eyes stared into mine.

"Help me" He sighed gently.

"With what?" I asked.

"My escape, Harley all I need you to do is get me a gun"

"You make it sound so simple"

"Trust me it will"

"I, I can't"

"You will Harley, you have no choice"

I was dumbfounded, all affection evaporated from his face to be replaced with coldness. I was just a toy; he was just toying with my emotions. I was a pawn in his game. My heart began to shatter, tears streaming down my tears, I remained speechless. There was this empty bottom pitt inside me now that could never be filled. How could I be so silly?

"Open the door" Mr J barked.

I jumped at the harshness of his voice; I was beginning to feel scared as if I was that little girl witnessing her father being murdered. Being stubborn, I attempted to put my foot down.

"No" I barked.

"Open the door Harley or so help me!"

"No!"

He grabbed me by the arm; his aggressive touch still seemed to ignite something within me. His other hand fumbled in my pocket and found the keys. The tears still streaming down my face, he finally pushed me away. Clumsy me tumbled into the wall, my head rolling into the hard brick wall, my vision became hazy. I felt someone grab my arm roughly, dragging me out of the cell.

"Harleen, is everything..." I heard someone say.

"I am going to need your gun" Mr J snapped, his laugh bouncing off the walls.

There was other things said but I couldn't make them out, I was fading fast. I wanted nothing more than to curl into a ball and escape this madness. That's when I heard a loud, piercing gunshot, a guard falling to the floor.

"Harley come on" Mr J said pushing me forward harshly.

I heard other gunshots from a distance, I was right, I was a pawn in his plan for him to escape. He continued dragging me alone, ignoring my yelps in pain.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Isn't it obvious, I am escaping. Don't worry Harley I'll let you go when I am finished with ya, you're leverage"