Chapter 1

————————7 years later———————

It was time for Jack to be crowned king finally at the age of 26 he was more mature now and formal. The doors and windows would open for the first time in forever. (The punz)

Jack walked the hall now with light in them. "The windows are open! Finally some light!" He happily strode down with a bounce in his step. "I can see Mark again, oh it's been so long." Over time he had forgotten what Mark looked like he still remembered what they used to do when they were young.

Mark was wandering around his room playing with the gloves he had become familiar with over the years. "C'mon Mark you can do it conceal don't feel don't let them know." He took the gloves off for the first time in years. He touched the objects he had collected from when he had left his room. He held it in his hands and hoped it wouldn't freeze. He held it with shaking hands and let it go when ice had started to appear. He quickly put the gloves back on and rubbed his hands together.

Jack walked down the halls until he reached the front gate, the one that would open last. "Tell the guards to open up the gate!" He called to a servant who walked away quickly to fulfil his request. The gate started to open slowly, almost teasingly. He bounced up and down finally able to be free from this prison.

"The gate." Mark breathed out as he opened the door to his bedroom which had thankfully not frozen over from the ice. He walked quickly down the hall hoping not to see anyone on the way. "Don't let them in, don't let them see." He said to himself as he walked quickly. In some sense he was almost like a prince in the sense that Jacks family had took him in as their own meaning he was technically a prince. He made his way to where he was to go he was really nervous to see Jack since he hadn't seen him in about ten years. "Oh god what if they find out about me I'll be exciled with nothing." He began pacing around the room.

He heard a creak that could only mean one thing. "Oh no, I have to hide where do I go?" He walked around in circles trying to find somewhere to hide.

"Mr Fischbach there you are, it's time to go to the hall." The voice scared him. He quickly turned around but laughed when he saw it was only the butler.

"Oh sorry you scared me. Where do I go again?" He breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I'll show you." He began to follow the butler to the hall.

Jack stood on the stage he was to be crowned on. The priest who was crowning him began to speak some words in a foreign language one he was not to familiar with. He looked around the crowd and his eyes landed on a familiar face. The figures hair was blue but everything was still the same. It was Mark. He smiled it had been a while since he had seen him. He didn't remember the blue hair in any of his memories, it was raven black. Mark looked nervous about something or maybe it was excitement for him becoming king. The priest gave him the staff and candle. He turned around as the crown was placed on his head and the room erupted into cheers of celebration. His eyes landed back on Mark who was smiling and clapping. He waved to Mark who waved back. He went a little shade of red at that action and looked down to his feet.

Mark watched him do that and furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if he had done something wrong or if it means more. He brushed it off without a second thought.

Mark cautiously walked down the hall into the ballroom where the after party was to be hosted. He was led to the stage at the front of the room and was told to stand and wait for something. People looked up confused as to who this person was standing on the stage.

The grand doors opened and Jack walked elegantly through the crowd as people made sure to make room for him. The all were congratulating him on becoming king after so long without a proper ruler.

Mark watched in awe as Jack walked gracefully in through the doors. He felt more nervous as he has not spoken a word to him in years. Jack slowly approached and gave Mark a warm smile one that he hasn't seen in years. "Oh my, Mark you look so different." Mark knew what he meant by different probably the fact his hair was the complete opposite colour than what it used to be.

"I could say the same for you. Your majesty." Mark addressed him formally then bowed as to make him flustered. It worked when Jack put his head down his cheeks red.

They stood there in an awkward silence when Jack finally decided to break it. "Why did you never let me in?" Mark froze (oh I won't stop with the punz) at that question. He knew it would be asked soon but he had no answer to it. He couldn't tell Jack the truth. God only knows what would happen.

"Uhh I just felt we needed a break." Mark lied.

"But why for more than what, 15 years?" Jack looked at Mark intensely.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Mark tried to walk away only for his wrist to be grabbed by Jack.

"Mark please don't lock me out again. It's been to long." He tugged on his wrist hoping to make him stay.

"I said I don't wanna talk about it." He said more sternly. Jack pulled harder on his wrist only for the glove to come off. "Jack give that back." Mark commanded him.

"Why should I, why do you care so much?" Mark pulled the cloak closer round himself.

"You don't understand Jack. Just give me the glove." Mark reached out with his covered hand only for Jack to hold it further away.

"Then make me understand. I want to help you." Mark kept walking away as Jack stepped closer.

"You can't help me." He sadly spoke still moving away from him.

"Mark please don't lock me out again! Why are you so afraid?!" Mark felt himself get more angry.

Mark turned around, stuck his un-gloved hand up out and shouted. "I SAID ENOUGH!" Ice blasts shoot out from within his hands. They surrounded everyone who crowded around to see what was happening. Jack took a step back shocked, confused even.

Mark turned around and ran like his life depended on it.