Tony nodded and gave the older man a small smile, "You're right, our family will support Gibbs and get him through this ordeal."

Patting Tony on the back, Ducky responded, "Yes, we will. Normally Mr. Palmer is my right hand man, but for this occasion I'm going to need you. Do you think you are up to the challenge?"

Scoffing, the younger man answered, "Of course I am." Stopping to think for a moment he continued, "One condition though; I prefer living, breathing human beings and will not be assisting in any autopsies."

"Deal."

Smiling and feeling better now that he'd talked to Ducky; Tony went to rejoin the others while the older man called Vance. Following a lengthy conversation with the Director regarding all that had transpired in a matter of hours, Ducky rejoined the team in the waiting room. Abby's head was propped against Jimmy's shoulder and the two of them were watching a movie on his phone. Ziva was thumbing through one of the waiting room magazines and Tony was pacing back and forth, waiting impatiently for some answers from the doctor. Ducky settled in next to Ziva and picked up one of the magazines. He chuckled at the irony when he saw the magazine was touting the latest electronics and technology. Adult Tim would have been so engrossed in the magazine where as Gibbs probably would have growled and thrown it in the trash. They spent the next few hours chatting, playing cards and trying to keep a positive outlook. Finally when they couldn't stand waiting any longer, Dr. Phillips emerged with an update. Looking around the room at each member of the team he raised his eyebrows slightly and turned to Ducky.

"These all yours?"

"Yes, in a matter of speaking. How's Jethro doing and when can we see him?"

"Agent Gibbs is going to be fine. The X-Rays and CT scan were negative for any fractures or bleeding in his brain. However, based on the neurological exam he suffered a concussion along with some frostbite on his back and legs due to the amount of time he was on the ground."

Relief washed over everyone's faces as Dr. Phillips assured them that physically Gibbs would make a full recovery. Abby threw her arms around the doctor's neck and shrieked, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! We would all be lost without him."

"She's a hugger." Jimmy laughed nervously, prying Abby's arms away from the stunned doctor.

"I see that." The doctor replied, taking a step back and straightening his coat. "My plan was to keep Agent Gibbs overnight so we can control his pain and keep an eye on him, but he's adamant on going home. The poor guy has had enough stress for one day that I didn't want to keep him here against his will. Although he'll be okay physically I am deeply concerned about his mental state. I know you mentioned he lost his son in a custody dispute this morning, but how long will it be before he sees him again?"

The group exchanged sorrowful glances. A few of them bowing their heads in response until Ducky cleared his throat and spoke, "It is likely Jethro will never see Timothy again."

"None of us will get to see him again, thanks to that bitch Maggie Mc..." Abby screeched until Tony quickly covered her mouth with his hand. While she continued to rant, the words muffled against Tony's hand, he guided her out of the room and down the hall to cool off.

"You'll have to excuse Abby. As you can see, Jethro is not the only one who is heartbroken over losing Tim."

"I understand, Dr. Mallard. Agent Gibbs would benefit from seeing a psychologist to discuss the different stages of grief he'll be feeling. I agreed to let him go home on the terms that someone will be staying with him until you feel he's capable of being alone. I'll send his prescriptions to the pharmacy here that way you won't have to stop on your way home. I'm assuming you're aware of taking care of a patient with a concussion, but if you have any other questions I'll give you my pager number."