Chapter fourteen

Two terms later. A long time had passed, May realised that Kat and Hannah were caring after all. May had invited them over to her house to finish a homework assignment. The doorbell rang and May stormed down the stairs quickly, when she answered the door she saw the two girls holding a wooden board, no homework in sight." Hi guys, um, what's that?" They smiled excitedly and looked at each other to signal who was going to explain. At the same time they exclaimed," it's a ouija board!" They turned it over to reveal all the letters and numbers, May's eyes widened, before she could say anything they stepped inside and got settled." Do you have a basement? Or an attic?" May shook her head and sighed she couldn't believe this." Stop, we can't do this! This will open up a portal to the spirit world!" They laughed so hard, and shook their heads." That's just a rumour, we're just testing if it works."

The attic was filled with candles, it was our only source of light in that room. They placed the triangular arrow in the ouija board. Hannah put her hands on one corner of the arrow first, then Kat on the opposite. May was left, she shook her head she couldn't do it. Hannah signalled her to do it. May sighed and finally placed her hands on the arrow.

"Dear spirit, we will now connect to your world using this ouija board." Kat said calmly." Now first question, who are you?" There was a moment of silence. The arrow moved." Are you doing this?!" May looked at Hannah and Kat with wide eyes." No way!" The arrow moved on the 'm', then 'o', two 'l's and a 'y'. May gasped and took her hands off the board, no one knew about her so it was true." Huh, M-O-L-L-Y, Molly!" Hannah was excited that she was communicating with the spirit world." May, put you're hands back on the board!" May did as told, hesitantly." Molly, this may be hard to answer but, how did you die?" The arrow didn't move. But then it started sliding towards some letters, it was hard to follow, but Kat traced everything as May was confused." She was murdered by her lover, that's all she can say." Hannah let out a 'wow' and May just sat still.
"I think you should go." May let out quietly.
"What do you mean?" Kat replied obviously excited," we're just getting into the good stuff."
"Oh you know what? I think she means we should go and get a camera to film this!" Hannah had a smile spread from cheek to cheek.
"NO! I want you guys to go home! Please, I can't have this in my home, we'll do this at you're houses, please not mine. My grandma would hate this, please go." May snapped, the girls stood up, startled, and left through the door, taking the ouija board with them. May tried to apologise for her snapping but they just left quickly.

.....

"What's wrong with May?" Hannah asked Kat as they walked out the front gate."she's so... Snappy." Kat nodded in agreement." I know, right? I mean, this ouija board is so exciting, why wouldn't she love it." Kat questioned.
"You know what?" Hannah sighed," if she doesn't like it, then we won't use it. Cause we're good friends!" Kat agreed and they threw the ouija board in the garbage bin.

May's garbage bin...