Chapter eleven

It was the next morning, May woke up, cold, hungry. Feeling weak, she stood up from the dirty carpets. Suddenly she remembered that her grandparents would be worried about her. She left the house, hearing the crunching leaves under her feet.
She found her way. Nora greeted her." Ah, sweetheart! You should've told me that you were at a sleepover! Wow, you haven't even started school, and you have made a friend." Nora clapped proudly. May was confused, but quickly caught on and played her part." Yes, she is amazing, I hope you didn't mind me staying there." Nora hugged her granddaughter." Well, you better get a head start, 'cause you'll be starting school soon." May pulled away from the hug, smiling.

May went upstairs to her mom's old room. She walked next to the bed and crouched down next to it. Under the bed was the journal, she pulled out the note she found in George's house...

Dear Diary, today is the 26th of April, I don't know what I just did. Grace asked me to pick up Molly from school. I did as told and saw Molly's beautiful face." Hi George!" She cheerfully skipped towards me. We walked home and Molly told me about her school."-- and there's this guy, Kyle. I kind of  like him, but I don't know! He runs really fast and he's popular so, that's why I like him." I stopped in my tracks.
"Listen Molly, don't let a guy like 'Kyle' mess with your emotions! You should like somebody for who they really are." Molly looked at me with amazement." Oh so that's how it works!" She continued skipping.
"You should choose a guy who cares for you deeply. Who's known you your whole life, and who loves you..." Molly smiled cheerfully," oh, so like you, right?" I breathed heavily, sweating. I did what I will always, for the rest of my life, regret...

May finished reading the last entry. Then remembered the note she'd found near the house. She linked the entry to the note.

It matched up.

The note that read, I killed her, matched up with the entry... Which meant

George killed Molly.