Chapter eight

May kept her mouth wide open in shock. Isabelle sounded more mature. After saying those words, Isabelle dropped the doll on the grass and lay with her blue eyes open. She was dead.

Bill begged Nora to tell him what happened to his Angel. He cried endless tears but Nora said nothing. Bill left with the police, May told the police the truth. Of course, no one believed a word.

"Grandma," May approached Nora, who was in the kitchen eating a sandwich." Please get rid of the doll." Nora nodded and stood up and left the kitchen.

May opened the journal that night. She was feeling sorrow for Bill and his family, she just wanted to sleep. Next to her bed, on her bedside table was the journal. She opened it with curiosity.

Dear Diary,
It's Friday the 15th of June and today is splendid. Grace, my mother's friend, had come over with Molly, therefore we had tea. I took Molly in my arms for the first time, I felt proud. Molly looked so sweet, so pretty... Wait, no... No!

Dear Diary,
It's Tuesday the 19th of June and I can't control my feelings. I recently aged 9 and Molly is 1. Not too far apart? I don't know honestly... I have developed different feelings for her, she's just so beautiful. I can't wait to see her grow up, I can't wait. Anyway, today my mother and I drove to the country to see Uncle Henry. It's fun but I missed Molly, I really did.

Dear Diary,
I'm sorry I got sick of writing in my diary in a while... It's Sunday the 14th of April, it has been years. I'm now 17 and Molly is 9. I... Like someone else. Her name is Ali, we joke around at school and I've come to like her. I hope in June or whenever, I can take her to prom (I don't know when prom is).

Dear Diary,
Today was very pleasant, it's Wednesday the 17th of  April. Me and Ali were in history class, learning about the First World War. The Second World War was currently occurring unfortunately, but... That's when Ali turned to me and smiled in the middle of the class." George, I like you." I almost fell of the chair. She blushed profusely as did I. Then I said," if you like me, Ali, can I take you out?" I said trying to sound confident. She nodded and kept blushing.

Dear Diary,
Today it's Thursday the 18th of April and I took Ali on a date! I took her to a nice restaurant named, Ranos. It was a fancy restaurant, she loved it. We talked forever, it was romantic. After hours of talking she said it was time to go. We stood outside in the rain, I held an umbrella for her and she smiled. She leaned in and tried to kiss me, but a taxi splashed water on us before we could do it. Darn it! So close! She waved goodbye and left.

Dear Diary,
Today it's Monday the 22nd of April. I feel betrayed... After that night with Ali, I told my friend Joel. He, instead of congratulating me, he patted my shoulder in sorrow." George, um, Ali goes out with everyone. She went out with Carson yesterday..." I left Joel and ran up to Ali. I wasn't planning to tell her, I had a plan.
"Hi Ali!" I patted her on the shoulder as she faced her locker, then turned.
"Hi?" She answered slowly.
"You remember me, right?" I tilted my head slightly," yesterday?"
"Carson! Yeah, hi!" I looked at her with disbelief, my plan worked... She was a liar.
"I'm not Carson, Ali! I was lying! You go on dates with everyone don't you?!" Ali looked at me in confusion.
"George... George, I..." I stormed off before she could continue.

Dear Diary,
Today is Friday the 26th of April, I don't know what I just did. Grace asked me to pick up Molly from school. I did as told and saw Molly's beautiful face." Hi George!" She cheerfully skipped towards me. We walked home and Molly told me about her school."--and there's this guy, Kyle. I kind of like him, but I don't know! He runs really fast and he's popular so, that's why I like him." I stopped in my tracks.
"Listen Molly, don't let a guy like 'Kyle' mess with your emotions! You should like somebody because of who they are." Molly looked at me with amazement," oh, so that's how it works!" Molly continued skipping.
"You should choose a guy who cares for you deeply. Who's known you your whole life, and who loves you..." Molly smiled cheerfully," oh, so like you, right?" I breathed heavily, sweating. I did what I will always, for the rest of my life, regret...

The rest of the pages were ripped out.