Clara turns to me and pulls me in for hug. She smells of flour and a light citrus perfume. "And where have you been all my life Gray?" she asks with the tilt of her head.

"School has taken up a lot of time," I half lie. It's the excuse I've used for years, but it's never been the truth.

Clara shakes her head. "I'm sure that's the reason." Her eyes narrow in on my as if they know the real reason I stopped coming around years ago. But she couldn't know, no one does.

"Is Adela around?" I ask trying to change the subject, but also excited about seeing my favorite lady.

Clara grabs us some silverware and a couple menus as she leads us to our favorite table. "No mamma's been out recently because of a cold. But she'll be back soon no worries!" She sets down our menus and silverware and turns to face us. "But she will be sad she missed you both."

"We'll stop by again, but tell her we miss her also," Bailey smiles.

"And tell her to feel better," I add. "She has a wedding to attend at the end of the summer." I motion over to Bailey at my words.

Clara smiles. "Believe me, we wouldn't miss it for the world!" She then motions at us to sit. "Come on get comfortable! I'll get you both some waters to start and then Fin will be your server. You both better not forget to say goodbye when you head out!" she points a finger in joking chastisement.

Bailey and I nod with a chuckle in agreement. Clara is only older than us by a decade or so, but she feels like such a wise soul. She was the older sister to Bailey and I that we craved at times when we were fighting and had no one else to go to.

I glance out over the deck that we sit upon, and out into the abyss of sea that surrounds us. The coolest part of this restaurant is their outdoor seating. It is so close to the ocean we might as well be floating around in it right now. The smell of Italian spices and the salt of the ocean mix around to create a calming sense of home.

I look over to Bailey and see her staring out at the ocean also. "I've missed this," I mumble out.

She turns to face me. "It wasn't the same coming here without you Gray. I'm glad we decided to have this day to ourselves."

Bailey's hand rests on the table and I squeeze it gently. "Me too."

* * * * *

"Ugh, I'm way too full!" Bailey exclaims as she tosses her napkin onto the table. She places her hands on her stomach and holds her food "baby".

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I ask teasingly.

"Might be twins with how much we just ate," she chuckles.

I just shake my head with a smile. This lunch had been much needed between Bailey and I. We really got to catch up with our lives in a relaxed environment without our parents and without Cale. Today was perfect, and I felt like I finally had my sister back. I know things haven't been easy, but no matter what we are here for each other.

Bailey suddenly stands. "I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick. You need to go?" she questions.

"Nope I'm good!" I tell her.

She heads inside the restaurant leaving me alone with the ocean and the last roll of bread. I slowly chew on the roll as I feel a wave of contentment roll over me. I grab my phone from my purse checking to see if I have any missed notifications. I'm scrolling through some random texts when my phone starts ringing.

It's a random number but I immediately answer. I know people are weird about answering unknown numbers, but I love it. I think it's funny to mess with the telemarketers, or sometimes it ends up being someone I actually need to talk to.

"Hello?" I answer as I swallow my last bit of food.

"Grayson?" A deep voice fills my ear.

"Yes, this is she," I answer still unsure of who is on the other line.

"Hey, it's Max," he pauses awkwardly. "From the club," he clarifies.

A smile immediately spreads across my face at the mention of his name. "I remember." A tinge of excitement runs through me at the fact that he finally called. A part of me was disappointed when he didn't call right away. I really had been looking forward to finishing that kiss.

There's another pause. "Did you want something?" I ask unsure of what to say. It has been a while since I've actually liked anyone. I keep most men at arms length, and never really talk to them unless I need them for one night of fun. After Cale I stopped trying with all males, but Max is different. Max makes me want to start trying again.

"Umm...yeah sorry I guess I'm not as smooth over the phone," he says lightheartedly.

I giggle. "I think you're doing just fine."

I hear a breathy laugh come through the line. "I just wanted to call to see if you wanted to go out sometime?"

I bite my lip and my heart squeezes as my whole body fills with bliss. "I would love that Max," I say truthfully.

"How about sometime next week?"

"Sounds good to me. I just have to check to see what days I'm free." I acknowledge, knowing my schedule is usually filled with back-to-back maid of honor duties.

"Wedding stuff?"

"You guessed it," I sigh.

"If this date goes well my offer still stands to upstage your sister and get married first," he quips.

I laugh. "How about we see how this date goes first?"

"Sounds perfect." I can hear the smirk through the phone and love the way my heart skips a beat.

"Okay, I'll call you later then."

"I look forward to it. Bye Grayson," he breathes.

"Bye Max," I whisper as I pull the phone away from ear and hang up.

I feel giddy and anxious all at the same time. I haven't felt this way in years about a guy or even about a date. But Max is unlike any guy I've met lately. He's funny and sweet and damn sexy, and he makes me forget about my past with Cale. In fact he blots out all of Cale when I'm around him. So I'm moving on, and moving on with a man like him is about all I could ask for and more.

Bailey comes back from the bathroom and slides into her chair. "What's with the smile? You look really happy..." she trails.

I roll my eyes. "Am I not allowed to be happy Bai?"

She waves her hand as if to dismiss me. "No you just look extra happy, like you're glowing," she observes honestly.

"A guy just asked me out," I confess. For a second I feel awkward sharing this information with Bailey. I never really talk to her about boys. It's always Hayley I run to with these kinds of conversations. But the ecstatic smile that breaks out on Bailey's face lessens my worries instantly, and makes me happy I'm sharing this part of myself with her.

"OMG! Who?" Bailey freaks, and I can't help but laugh. Her squealing not as annoying as it once was.

"Just a guy," I say vaguely not wanting to talk about the night of the club.

"A cute one?" She asks.

"The cutest," I admit.

And for the first time in a long time I'm excited about the idea of dating a guy who doesn't have the last name of Hasting.