Chapter 14

Previously on, MerDer - Happily Ever After?

"Love you." he says. "Love you too Derek." I respond back, smiling. "And I love you too, Ellis Christina Shepard."

______________________

Derek's POV

It's been a week, and Meredith has been released. Nothing else has really happened, but today she is actually coming back to work. "Ready?" she asks me, coming down the stairs.

"Yes" I say, smiling at her. "What are you smiling about?" she asks, grabbing her purse. "You of course" I say, kissing her. "Okay, come on lets go!" she says, smirking and walking out to the car.

We drive to the hospital, and go to where we need to go. "Lexie, good to see you." I say, as she walks up to the nurses station. "Good to see you too Dr. Shepherd." she responds, grabbing the chart. "Ready?" she asks. "Yup" I say, and we start rounding.

<<<>>>

"Hey, hows your day going so far?" I ask Meredith as we sit at the lunch table. "Good, but your kid is kicking me now." she says. "The baby is kicking?" I say, knowing my face just lit up. "Yes." she says, looking at me smiling.

"How is your day going?" she asks. "Good, your sister is very good at Neuro." I say, looking over to Lexie who is sitting next to Mark. "Thank you." she says, smiling. She is about 3 months pregnant too, with Mark.

Just then, all of our pagers go off. "This looks like a big one," I say, as we all get up. "You be careful" I whisper to Meredith. "I always am" she whispers in my ear, and kisses me. We all run to the ER.

"holy crap" is all I hear Lexie say, before we all start running to where we need to go.