Chapter 8

Previously on, MerDer - Happily Ever After?

"No, its not!" he says, anger starting to arise in his voice. "Whatever." I say, going up to the bedroom. "Yeah! Walk away from your problems, your best at that!" he yells back up at me. I grab his blanket and pillow, and some pajamas. I through them out the door, and then locked the door.

I put on my Pajama's, and lay down on the bed.

_____________________________

(BY THE WAY! THE HOSPITAL IS THE NEWER VERSION, LIKE IN SEASON 12!)

Meredith's POV

My alarm went off at 6 o'clock. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. I looked around, and remembered that me and Derek had yet another fight. I hop into the shower, and afterwards get my clothes on.

I unlock the door, and go to Zola's room. She is in there sleeping peacefully. I really don't want to wake her up, but I have to get to work. I walk over to her, and gently start nudging her. "Mommy?" she asks, sleepy.

"Yes, it's me." I say smiling. "You gotta get ready!" I say, as she gets up and walks over to her closet. She picks out her outfit, and then starts walking downstairs. I get a sudden page. "Okay Zo, we can't eat breakfast here, but I will make sure you have some in daycare." I say, getting her stuff, and putting her in the car.

I get her in the car, and I start driving to the hospital. "Mommy, where is daddy?" she asks me, playing with her barbie. "He was called into work." I lie, once again. "Will he come see me at daycare then?" she asks, looking at me.

"Yes." I say, and then I pull into the parking lot. I get her out, and her stuff and walk her to the daycare. "She hasn't had breakfast yet, so can you make sure she gets some?" I tell the daycare worker. "Of course Dr. Grey." she says, and takes Zola into the center.

I run to the ER, where I was paged. I get there, and I look back at my pager to see i'm needed in Trauma Room 2. I walk in there, and I see Bailey filling out some charts. "What do you need?" I ask.

"Uhm, we are waiting for a room for him, but can you finish his charts, I am getting paged to the ambulance bay." she says, and hands me the chart. "Sure." I say, going over to the counter. All of a sudden I hear some grunting, and the patient is trying to get off the bed.

"Sir, you need to stay in the bed," I say, walking over to him and trying to put him back into the bed. "Get your hands off me!" he says, and pushes me into the wall. He starts choking me, and hitting me. "St-to-op!" I try to scream, but he is choking me.

He slams me into the wall, and I try to break his grip. He then slams me into the instrument tray, and starts slamming me agains the wall again. I finally get my hands free, and I press his pressure point. He drops to the ground, but the only bad thing is, I am laying there too, unable to move.

I must not have hit his pressure point hard enough, because there he was, right back on top of me again.

Derek's POV

"Time of death, 7:35" I say, putting down the scalpel. I walk back into the scrub room, and then get a page that I am needed in the OR. I take off my surgical things, and run to the ER. "Shepard! We need a patient in Trauma 2 checked out, his wife says he has some kind of spells." Bailey yells at me. "Okay." I say, and start walking over to the Trauma Room.

"Wait! Dr. Shepard!" my scrub nurse calls out. "Yes Rose?" I ask, turning around to her. "That was a good surgery, you know even though he died, but I was wondering if we could go get drinks later?" she asks. "Uh, maybe I will see." I say, and I turn around and smile.

I walk over to the Trauma Room, and start opening the door, but Mark starts yelling my name. "Derek!" he screams over to me. "What is it Mark?" I say, looking at him. "I need your Trauma Room." he says, and I look at his patient.

"Uh yeah, lets go clear it out." I say, and me and him start walking over to it. I see Rose staring at me, but I continue walking. We get to the Trauma Room and I open the door to a patient who has his hands around my wife's throat.

"Meredith!" I scream, and I get the guy off of her. She is bleeding, and she can hardly breath. "Oh god." I say, crying. She just looks at me with her eyes open wide. "I NEED HELP IN HERE!" I scream out. "Go get people from every department, and tell them it's an emergency!" Mark yells at his resident.

"Meredith," I say, as she stares at me. Her hand start trembling, and I grab it. Her shaking starts to slow down, but her breathing was getting worse. "I need oxygen over here NOW" I hiss at the intern, and they run over and get the mask and tank. She runs back over here, and puts the mask on her.

Tears are rolling down her eyes. She starts looking down, and I look at the same direction she is looking in. The baby. "WE NEED AN ULTRASOUND NOW!" I yell, fear arising in me.