Chapter 3

Previously on, MerDer - Happily Ever After?

"I love you so much Meredith Grey." I breath out. "I love you to Derek Shepard." she says. I kiss her temple, and I snuggle with my wife, and little girl.

__________________________________

Derek's POV

It's been a month, since the whole scare with the pregnancy. Meredith went back to work, but she can only do three surgeries a day, max. I am still always worrying about her, and making sure she eats every single meal.

"Derek, you know you don't have to watch me eat, right?" she says, eating her sandwich. "Yes, I am pretty sure I do." I say, looking at her. "Don't you have a surgery to do?" she asks, rolling her eyes.

"My job right now, is making sure you are healthy." I say, smiling at her. "And I love you for that, but I mean when do I talk to Christina then?" She asks, and I turn around, to see Christina looking at us, waiting for me to get up.

"Okay fine, see you in the lounge." I say, getting up and kissing her forehead. "Yup, love you too." she says, and I can see Christina starting to walk over to her.

"Shepard!" I hear Mark yell, as I am checking charts at the nurses station. "What do I owe the pleasure to talk to you?" I ask, smirking. "Well, I have this patient, and well he wants to get his face redone, but it could be risky." he states.

"Why does he want his face redone?" I ask, raising my brow. "He was born with a genetic disease, causing face deformation." he states, and hands me the patients chart. "Just look at it." he says, and with that walks away.

"oh goody." I mumble underneath my breath.

"Everything okay, Dr. Shepard?" My scrub nurse Rose asks. "Fine, thanks for asking." I say, grabbing the chart, and walking to my office. It was kinda awkward talking to her, since she was my old love flame.

I was always in love with Meredith, but I was just covering that up, by going out with Rose. I did feel bad, but I am pretty sure she is actually dating someone now. I walk into my office, to see Meredith sitting on the couch, crying.

"Mer, are you okay?" I ask, running over to her. "Yes, I mean I don't know!" she cries out. "Shh, its okay, I am here, you can cry all you want." I say, sitting down, and putting her head on my shoulder.

"Are you hurting?" I ask her. "No, I don't know what happened." she says, starting to slow down with the crying. "You can stay here as long as you want too." I say, getting up. "Please, can you just lay with me for a bit." she asks, using puppy dog eyes on me.

How could I say no?

"Sure, come here," I say, laying down on the couch. She comes over, and lays by me. "I love you so much." I say, looking into her eyes. "I love you too." she responds, and with that, she places her head on my chest, and slowly falls asleep.

A/N!

Sorry for the short chapter, I will either be updating tomorrow, or later on! Thanks for reading!