Chapter 12

Previously on, MerDer - Happily Ever After?

I look back over at the sleeping Meredith, and I put my forehead by hers. I slowly fall asleep.

There is nothing that I would trade for my family.

___________________________

Meredith's POV

It's been nearly three days since the attack. Derek went back to work yesterday. But he still sends in people to make sure I am okay. I love him for that, but it does get quite annoying.

Unless Christina comes in. Just then, Christina walks in. "How are we doing?" she says, climbing on my bed next to me. "Eh, good." I say. "Well, you might have to go back in for surgery." she states. "Why?" I say, getting worried.

"Well, you had a splenic bleed, but it looks like it isn't healing right, so we just have to go in and fix that." she says. "Mer, everything is going to be okay." she says, looking at me.

"Can you page Derek please." I say, looking at her. "Of course." she says, getting up. "Wait, what about the baby?" I say, looking up at her. "Well, Evil Spawn is going to be in there, so there's not much to worry about." she says.

"How about we page Derek then" she says, getting her pager out. "Page-Dr.Shepard." she mumbles to herself. "Okay. done." she says, putting her pager back down.

"What did you say?" I ask, looking at her. "911, Mer's room" she says. "You are awful, he is gonna be so worried." I say, smirking. She is smiling even bigger. "We can still have some fun, can't we?" she says, laughing.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I hear Derek's voice say. "Oh god." I say, looking at Christina. "WHA-?" he says, running into the room. "Wait, what happened?" he says, looking at me, then Christina. "You are so evil." I say, laughing.

"Mer just wanted to talk to you about something." Christina says, then walks out of the room. "YANG!" he yells. "Sorry, got patients!" she yells from down the hallway. "Sorry about that." I say, looking at him.

"It's okay, what did you want to talk about?" he says, sitting down. "Well, my spleen is bleeding, and they need to do a surgery to stop it." I say. Concern floods his face. "Derek, you can't do that, your working." I say, sternly.

"I am going to take some more time off, because I am going to worry." he says. Just then the man in charge walks into the room. "Hey, I was just about to call you." Derek says, looking at Hunt.

"Oh, what is it?" Owen asks. "I was wondering if I could take a week off." Derek asks. "Of course you can." he says. Owen gets a page. "Well, I am off, see you when I see you." he says walking out.

"Come here." I say, scooting over on the bed. He comes over, and lays down with me. "I love you." I say, kissing him. "I love you too." he says. He puts his hand around my waist, and pulls me closer to him.

He puts our heads together, and we fall asleep that way.

I love him, I love our children, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.