Chapter 13

Previously on, MerDer - Happily Ever After?

He puts our heads together, and we fall asleep that way.

I love him, I love our children, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

___________________________

Meredith's POV

"Hey Lexie." I say, as she walks into the room. "Hey Mer." she says. "You look great." I say. Her and Mark are having there first child too. It's a little girl, just like us. "You do too." she says, smiling.

"Your gonna be a great mom, Lex." I say, looking over to her. "Thanks" she responds. "Well, I better get going, because Mark is gonna freak if he finds out I didn't eat my breakfast." she responds, laughing. "Okay, see you later Lex." I say, as my sister vanishes out of the door way.

"I hate being in a hospital bed." I mumble to myself. "It can't be that bad?" I hear Derek's voice say. "Derek!" I say, looking up. "How are you feeling?" he asks, sitting down next to me. "Better." I respond. Short but simple.

"I am on break, and I thought I would come visit you, and you" he says, rubbing my belly. "Derek" I say, which causes him to look up at me. "Yes Mer?" he asks, looking at me. "What are we going to name her?" I ask him.

"I mean, we haven't really went over names, what do you like?" he asks me. "Well, I don't really know." I say, actually thinking about it. "How about Ellis." he says. "Really?" I ask. "Yes, really." he says, smiling.

"Ellis Christina!" I say. "I like that!" I hear a familiar voice say. "You would walk in, right at that moment." Derek says, chuckling to himself. "Yeah, I always do, at the best times." She says, laughing.

"But, where you serious, about the whole name thing." she asks me. "Of course, I really like." I say. "I think it has a ring to it." Derek says. "Duh, fetus is going to be named after TWO world class surgeons." Christina says, smirking. "You can never not do that, can you?" I ask, laughing.

"I mean I can, but it's very hard." she responds. Then Christina's pager goes off. "Well, getting paged by Evil Spawn, talk to you later." She says, walking out. "Evil Spawn." Derek laughs to himself.

"Yeah, we had a lot of nicknames back in the day, right McDreamy." I say, laughing. "Yeah, I guess so. And some just seemed to stick." he says, laughing. He looks down at his watch. "I better get going. I will see you after my shift." he says, and then kisses me on the forehead.

"Love you." he says. "Love you too Derek." I respond back, smiling. "And I love you too, Ellis Christina Shepard."