Chapter 25

Chapter 25

It was a sweet kiss. Gentle, soft and left me breathless. I looked at him carefully, trying to read him. “What changed your mind?”

He kept his arms securely where they were and sighed. “I don’t know. Just maybe … having you around.”

“So, are you …?” I trailed off, not wanting to say it in case I misunderstood his intentions.

“Your official boyfriend?” He finished. “Yeah, sounds good doesn’t it?” He murmured as he trailed a few kisses up my neck before recapturing my mouth. I tighten my grip on his neck and indulged in our passion.

“So you asked her then?” At the sound of Devon’s voice, I tore my lips from Kyler’s and turned my head around, peering up behind the rock.

“Devon!” I squirmed in Kyler’s hold and ducked under the water and swam out from under one of his arms. “You should have made your presence known.”

He smothered another laugh before saying, “I did. Kyler saw me and leaned back down to kiss you.”

“You –” I turned and glared at him, my glare softening as soon as I met his eyes. “Dammit.” I shook my head frustrated. “Anyway, I need to get changed.” I pushed myself up onto the land and shivered as the breeze blew fiercely around us. Devon took of his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. Kyler glared at Devon as he got out. We laughed together but my laugh ended with my chattering again.

“Can we hurry? I’m cold.” I could feel the goose bumps crawling on my skin.

“Sure.” Kyler wrapped his arm around my waist and led me out.

<> 

“Don’t you ever get sick of continuously sitting there working on the same thing every day?” Kyler walked into our room and nodded at the security guard who quickly left the room.

“Choose a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life.” I answered immediately.

“Confucius. That one’s famous.” He smiled as he placed a coffee on the table.

“I know. How many of those have you heard in your life? My parents basically said that every day as I graduated.” I grinned at the memory. Good times.

“How does it look?” I picked up the dress and showed him. I saw his eyes widen in surprise.

“Wow, surprising better than I expected. Madame Agnés is lucky you’re making it.” His words made me frown.

“You know her?” I asked, sitting back down letting the dress rest on my lap.

“She does occasional business with our boutique line.” He crossed his arms and drank his coffee slowly.

“Oh.” I replied, flatly.

“Anyway, drink up. You seem tired and last night, you didn’t sleep much.” He winked and left the room. I groaned and stretched before grabbing the steaming cup of freshly made coffee and sipping slowly with my eyes closed.

I got up as I finished the coffee and headed for the kitchen to rinse the cup and put it away. I opened a few cabinets and cupboards trying to find where the cups were kept. I flicked open one of the top cabinets and smiled victoriously as I saw the cups sitting on the top shelf. I jumped and attempted to place the cup back up in the cabinet only to miss it shelf altogether. I stood rooted to the spot with my smile slowly disappearing as I noticed that the cabinet was just beyond my reach.

I sighed and pulled over a stood from the island benches and quickly climbed up. I leaned forward and my heart jumped slightly as the stool wobbled. I shrugged and hurried myself, pushing one cup back against the cabinet and placing my cup in its spot. I leaned back and stepped off the stool, losing my footing last moment as it wobbled slightly. My heart rate spiked and I grabbed desperately at the kitchen counter to my left as I collapsed onto the marble floor. The stool clattered helplessly onto one side and I groaned, feeling pain throbbing down at my right ankle.