Chapter 32

Chapter 32

“That’s great news.” Hazel smiled her eyes twinkling with joy.

“I’m not so sure.” I had my mouth set in a grim line.

“Why ever not?” She asked, bewildered.

“I’ve always wanted to have children but I’m not sure about Kyler. He’s never spoke about the matter. We’ve hardly been together for more than two months.” I voiced my concern.

“You’ve known each other for four.” She pointed out but I shook my head.

“I’ll get a blood test done before I think about it more. Can you book me an appointment?” My head flew up as soon as I said it and I put a hand over my mouth. “I’m so sorry. I’ll book it myself. Thanks for staying with me tonight.” Having her around as a secretary had grown on me.

“No, that’s okay. I’ll book it for you since you asked. Get some rest.” She gestured to the bedroom and I smiled appreciatively at her.

“Thank you.”

<> 

The ringing of my phone had unnerved me even though I had been expecting it all afternoon. I answered the call and greeted the nurse who had taken my blood.

“Miss Taylor?” She asked through the phone.

“Yes.” I confirmed as she began to break the news to me.

“Regarding your blood test this morning, the results we received do indeed confirm your pregnancy. Congratulations.” She spoke cheerfully from the other end. “It would be wise to book an appointment with a doctor to begin your consultations.”

“Thank you.” I whispered before hanging up promptly and inviting Hazel into my office.

“Are you?” She asked cautiously, straying from actually referring to it in case I wasn’t ready to have it go public.

“I went to the appointment this morning. They just confirmed it. I am.” I sighed, happiness mixed with a slight concern.

“That’s wonderful! Congratulations!” She clasped her hands together in delight. “When are you going to tell him?” She asked suddenly wary.

“When I see him next.” I answered vaguely.

“When’s that?” She pressed.

“Next week. I think.” I’m not sure how I’m going to talk to him properly for the next week.

“He calls you everyday though. Shouldn’t you tell him straight away?” She suggested reasonably as if reading my mind but I shook my head.

“This is definitely face to face news.”

<> 

“It’s so good to see you!” I ran towards him and he grinned.

“It’s so good to have you as my girlfriend. You’re beautiful face is the first thing I see when I land.” He teased and my heart began pounding.

“Kyler –” I was cut off before I could break the news to him.

“I bought you something from my business trip back in Paris.” He announced and I smiled tightly.

“Really?” I tried to sound cheerful but he picked up my change straight away.

“What’s wrong?” He asked sharply and I flinched.

“My suite from last time.” He led me away, with concern coating his face. I groaned knowing he was probably thinking a thousand different things. I haven’t told anyone apart from Hazel about it. I didn’t think it was fair that he would be the last to know and I really wanted him to hear it from me personally not some gossip or rumour that was floating around.