"Long time no see Mel" he smiled. "How have you been?"

"Good, and you?" I smiled. He nodded as his answer but stared out into the distance with some odd look on his face that I couldn't quite decipher.

"Lou, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing,"  he shrugged. "I'm good." he forced a smile.

I jumped in a fright a little when Harry's phone went off. He laughed slightly before answering the phone. "Hello?" he asked. He listened to the reply. "yeah I have the paperwork." he replied. "Right now?" he groaned. "Ugh, fine. On my way, seeya mate." he huffed.

"Work?" I questioned, earning a nod from him in reply. I smiled in understanding. He got up after kissing me and headed inside.

"Just got to drop off some paper work. Be back in an hour at the most." he called.

"Okay later babe." I smiled. He blew a kiss, and I chuckled, pretending to catch it, before he walked off. Seconds later I heard the front door close and the car start up. 

"Now he is gone," I turned my attention back to Louis. "What is up?"

"I'm that transparent, huh?" he sighed softly, smiling slightly.

"That, and I know you too well." I teased. "So spill it."

Louis let out a laugh, but it wasn't  a genuine one. It was forced, and very fake, and I knew something was troubling him. I placed my hand on his shoulder in encouragement, and he took a deep breath, before looking at me with worried eyes.

"It's Zayn." he confessed.

"What about him? Has something happened to him? Is he okay?" I gushed in concern. I knew it was not good news simply by the way Louis was acting.

"We don't know if he's okay, that's the problem. He's gone missing." he spoke quietly. "Last night he said he had something to do and he would be back later, but he never returned. His clothes are all gone,he won't reply to texts, he won't answer the phone. He's completely off the radar, and just vanished into thin air."

"Why would he do that?" I gasped in shock, worry of Zayn flooding into me.

"He still hasn't got over you yet, Mel. He knows you love Harry, and doesn't want to get in between you two. I'm guessing he took off thinking getting away from you would solve everything." Louis sighed.

"Do you think he'll come back?" my voice quivered.

"I doubt it." Lou whispered.

I buried my head into my hands, concern and worry pumping through my veins. I was broken from my thoughts as Darcy tapped my knee.

"Momma, what's wrong?" she asked softly, looking up at me with worry filling her eyes, as she tugged at the hem of my dress.

"Nothing honey." I forced a smile, lifting her up onto my lap. Her beautiful smile returned when I did so as she wrapped her small arms around me. I kissed the top of her head. "Mommy's just tired." I covered up.

"Oh, okay." she smiled. "I'm tired too." she yawned.

"Do you want a nap sweetie?" I asked. She nodded, and I laughed softly, thinking of Harry and how he said kids could in fact nap this early in the day. I carried her inside up the steps, Louis following behind.

I took her into her room, and placed her in her bed. She smiled up at me as I tucked her in, tugging her blankets up to her chin. I kissed her forehead, and turned on the fairy lights and closed the curtains and Louis turned off the main light. "Night sweetheart." I smiled, heading to the door.

"Momma?"

"Yes baby?" I replied, spinning around when she spoke up again.

"Who is J-Jai" she asked, stuttering on the name, not completely sure how to pronounce it. I glanced at the spare crib on the other side of the room and smiled, as I walked back over to Darcy.

"Oh, he will be your brother some day." I explained vaguely. She smiled up at me excitedly.

"Will he be here soon?" she replied. I laughed at her enthusiasm and I heard Louis laughing too, as he walked up beside me.

"I have a feeling he will be here very soon." Louis winked at me and I laughed.

"Good." she yawned. "Night momma, night Lou."

"Night baby." I smiled as we headed out the door and into the lounge.

Louis and I sat down on the couch in silence, both of our eyes locked on the floor as we sat in deep thought, thinking of where Zayn could be.

"You should try calling him." Louis broke the silence. I looked up at him confused at his statement.

"You said he won't answer calls?" I asked.

"Our calls." he corrected. "since he is...ya know, in love with you, he might reply to you." he explained. I didn't think me calling him would be the best idea, but I was worried about him, and wanted to know how he was. I didn't have to say I loved him back, since I don't, but I could still ask how he is.

"Worth a shot." I shrugged, picking up my phone, and calling him.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

"C'mon." I grumbled.

Ring

Ring

"Hi-"

"Oh thank God! Zayn-!"

"You've reached the voice mail of Zayn Malik. Sorry I'm busy right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you."

Beep.

"Damn." I muttered, but cleared my throat when I realized it was recording. "Zanie, it's Melanie. Where are you? Please come home! At least call me! I'm worried about you, we all are. You can't run from your problems. Please," I croaked. "Come home."

I sighed and hung up, throwing my phone onto the couch. Louis rubbed my back in comfort at my attempt.

"It was worth a shot." he whispered. "Maybe he'll get the message and call back."

"Maybe." I muttered.

"Do you think he's okay?" I whispered.

Louis paused to think about it, and nerves knotted in the pit of my stomach. No matter how hard I hoped, nobody knew what he was up to, and that concerned me greatly. Louis eventually spoke up, but it didn't calm me down at all.

"I honestly have no idea."

Tired Of Feeling Alone (Sequel to When a murderer comes knockingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें