Back to the Falls part 2

'That illustration looks exactly like dads tattoo' I thought as I stared at the page a little more before a hand shut it.
I looked to see that Midnight shut the book before picking it up and heading over to sit against a log. I sat next to her and saw a bunch of mythical creatures that were supposed to be well myths.
    It wasn't until we got to a page that had a bunch of warnings. A picture of a triangle in a circle with words saying 'Do not ever summon!' or 'Never trust'. I wanted to look at it more but Midnight shut the book before helping me stand up with her.
"Come on we have to head back."
"Huh?"
"What do ya mean, 'huh?'? It already lunch time we have to get back before anyone gets worried, right?"
    I nodded my head as I came to clearly see that she was right. We had been out here for 2 hours at most. When we made it back, Midnight handed the book to me saying it wasn't something she was interested in before running off before I could say anything.
"I'm back!" I announced as I entered the shack to see that Grunkle Stan was picking his ear while I couldn't spot anyone else.
"Oh, kid! Completely forgot you were out there! So how'd the sign hangin' go?"
"Great. If you think it fun to get stared at." I walked up the stairs but before I made it all the way Grunkle Stan called back.
"Hey...uh...Kai was it? You can take a pick of what you want in the shop. Andy already got his. Got himself a bing bag shotgun."
    I walked around the shop until I found a hat that was exactly like the hat dad left at home. A blue white cap with a pine tree on it. I placed it on my head and heard my grunkle chuckle; my face was beat red from embarrassment until I heard a voice.

"Kid if ya blush anymore you might actually explode."

    I looked around but saw nothing. Just me and Grunkle Stan. We made it to the kitchen were I saw my dad and other grunkle. It seemed to be something serious because Grunkle Stan pushed me out of the kitchen and into the living room. I took a seat on his seat where I read even more of the weird book that i had found in the woods with Midnight.
'Midnight...' I didn't know her that well and yet the book says you can't trust anyone. She seems like such a nice person but I've got a feeling that she has a aggressive streak.
I was so lost in thought I didn't hear anyone until something landed on the chair.
"Hey kid, what ya got there?" It was Grunkle Stan. I shoved the book into the cushion as fast as I could and grabbed a random magazine.
"Oh Grunkle Stan I was reading," I look at the cover, "'Tips of Staying Golden'?"
"That's a good one." That was all he stated before he took a swig from his beer can before leaving me to myself.
The silence had settled once again but it didn't last for long since Andy came into the room soon after.
"Guess what just happened!"
"You realize how insane you are?" I stated not looking up from the journal.
"No...pfft! This guy got himself a date."
I looked at him as if he was crazy.
"Let me see if I got this right. In the 2 hours that I was gone you already got yourself a girlfriend."
"Yep!"
"Is it a date or are you assuming things again?"
"Kai! Me and Ash are meant for each other I feel it."
"Ash? A boy!?"
"Her real names Ashley." I nodded before looking back at the journal.
"Anyway what are you reading?"
"Some old journal I found nothing special." Andy had nodded his head and left while saying he was meeting with Ashley in an hour.
CRASH
The sound had come from the kitchen and then came the yelling. Dads been yelling at them ever since we got here when any of our grunkles say something that upsets him in some way.
    I went outside and went into the forest again after grabbing my black messenger bag and stuffing the journal into it. I walked along the roots of the trees as I took in the sights of the mysterious forest of Gravity Falls. I found myself at a lake minutes later but I noticed a shadow was covering me and jumped to the right before the spot where I was standing was smashed down on. There was a huge something that looked like a huge solidify shadow whose neon green gaze seem to lock on to me as it let out a deafening roar.
"RAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!"
    It came charging at me, I got up and ran into the forest just blindly running to get away from whatever that was. I bumped into a huge tree and fell back on the ground as I heard fast stampeding steps come closer. I backed up to the tree just as the monster appeared. Green ominous smoke came out from its nose like a angry bull from the cartoons I watch. He raised his fist and sent it slamming down, I closed my eyes waiting for it but nothing came.
    I had opened my eyes to see a yellow barrier shielding me as the beast pounded on it.
"What the-"
"You should thank me kid. I could of let you die if I wanted to."
    No one was there as I looked around, only a huge half buried statue of a triangle with one eye that had moss covering some parts of what remained of it.
"Do me a favor kid, would ya?"
"Why should I-" stupid voice cuts me off again.
"Well I just saved your sorry meat bag self while I could have let ya get mutilated by mister tall, dark and vicious here."
"Good point. So what do you want me to do exactly?"
"Just shake the statues hand."
"Shake the hand but- you know what I'm not even gonna ask."
    I stood up and grabbed onto the stiff hand of the statue. I heard a slight cracking sound, the barrier seemed to be cracking after so many pounds. Not only the barrier but the statue as well. Just as the barrier had broke so did the statue; both emitted a bright light when they broke which left me blind.
    I opened my eyes to see the thing come at me only to disappear before it got to me. I also heard a chuckle which made me turn my head to see a boy with blonde hair and golden eyes, I could only assume they both were the same since the right was covered by an eyepatch. He wore a yellow tux with a black bow tie and a cane held in his right hand. I just stared at him from my spot on the ground while he smirk down at me.