Hush~ Crenny

"Hush."

Craig Tucker blew the smoke from his cigarette gently as he watched it blow along with the wind of the early evening Colorado air. Once again he was on the roof of his house, his heels in the gutter to keep himself up and his box of cigarettes and lighter by his right side.

"Hey," a voice suddenly sighed from behind.

Craig turned his head slightly to see Kenny McCormick scooting down the roof. Kenny was on his lower back when he let go of the edge and slid down to the edge, using his heels and the gutter to stop himself from sliding off- although, it wouldn't matter if he did either way.

"You're here," Craig grunted, parting his lips just far enough to fit his cigarette back in.

"And you hushed someone." Kenny turned his head to look at the bag of cigarettes. "Can I have one?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

Craig picked up the cigarette box and tossed it over to Kenny before passing the lighter over along with it.

It was silent for a while before Kenny finally spoke.

"So, who did you hush?"

"Negativity."

Kenny squinted. "Negativity? You can't hush negativity. It's always there, always bold and loud-"

"Try it sometime. It really works."

"I doubt that. Thoughts can't simply be hushed."

"Of course they can't," Craig chuckled, taking another drag of his cigarette. "You need a sense of perspective, scale- a sense of balance?"

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"Think about it- this world is huge. This universe is endless-"

"Don't go all Dan Howell on me."

"I won't. Just listen- we're so small compared to it all. But just because we're so small doesn't mean that we have to act like it."

"We're not on top of the world, Craig. We can't pretend to be."

"Not exactly. Who's to say what direction is up? For all we know, sitting on this roof is the highest place in the world- therefore, we might literally be on top of the world right now."

Kenny was in awe.

He'd never thought of it that way.

"Doesn't it just make you feel so powerful?" Craig breathed, staring out at the sunset before him. "Just to think, that we might be at the peak of planet Earth. Doesn't it give you just the slightest sense of comfort?"

"It does."

Kenny didn't know what to say.

So he whispered.

"Hush..."

As soon as the word left his mouth, he felt the negativity melt away.

As it melted away, positive thoughts poured in.

Kenny was a human with a life.

He had made it this far to this place.

He had caused people to smile, and isn't that what he was brought here to do?

It's almost sad that he won't be able to do it forever, but his sense of forever was until his life was over.

Therefore, he could do it forever.

Kenny turned to face the boy behind him and said, "Thank you."

It made Craig smile.

He wanted to make Craig smile forever.

And knowing that he would be able to was the best feeling.

~~~

So I'm not sure what inspired me to write this which is why there's just plain instrumental music instead of lyrics.

It's fluffy, I guess.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! ^-^