Chapter 27

I couldn't leave half a chapter... c:

___________________

"Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently the senses abandon their defenses." He makes her turn in a direction by simply turning his head.

He approaches her slowly. "Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it tremulous and tender." He gets right up against her, and turns her head as he says, "Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light, and listen to the music of the night." He steps away.

"Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams! Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before! Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar! And you'll live as you've never lived before." He walks back up to her.

"Softly, deftly, music shall surround you." He makes many hand motions in front of her to explain visually. "Feel it, hear it, closing in around you." He traces out her shape, and I shake my head at the silliness. "Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind," he makes her come towards him as he closes the gate, "in this darkness which you know you cannot fight the darkness of the music of the night." She brushes up against him but then immediately backs off.

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world! Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before!" he walks slowly towards her, cat-like. "Let your soul take you where you long to be! Only then can you belong to me."

He snakes his arms around her. "Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me savor each sensation." He takes her hand and starts walking backwards. "Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music that I write, the power of the music of the night."

He walks to the hidden mirror, pulls off the cover, and reveals the life-like doll of her. The doll suddenly bow down, arms stretched out towards her, and Christine faints. Erik motions me to go get the door of her room open. I nod and go open her door and watch him set her down from the doorway.

"You alone can make my song take flight. Help me make the music of the night." He sings to her, and exits the room, closing the door slowly as he sings the last word.

He looks at me and back at the door a few times. "There's much to do." He mumbles. He heads towards his room.

"When did you have time to make the dress?"

"When you were out getting the roses and black ribbon."

"I wasn't gone that long."

"I'm fast at sewing."

I nod and absent-mindedly follow Erik to his room. He stops at his door, turns to face me, and sighs.

"Get some rest. I shall wake you when you need to get up again."

"Fine." I turn and go to my room, closing the door gently.

A moment later, and Erik blasts his random organ piece. I cover my ears to reduce the damage. After his shining moment, I crawl into bed and go to sleep.

]~[

Someone is shaking me. I open my eyes to see Erik in my face.

"What?" I mumble in the inaudible sleeping voice.

"It's time for you to wake up." He starts for the door.

"What time is it, and how long have you been up?"

"It was near midnight when you went to sleep, and it's seven thirty right now." He leaves, not answering my second question.

I get up derpily and stumble around, getting dressed and brushing my hair in the process. I stumble out to the kitchen, and remember what happened last night.