Nineteen

Sam

Today was an exceptionally boring day for Sam.

Gabriel was apparently grounded for flooding the house, so Sam had nothing to do. He just sat in his room, reading all of his Marvel comics over for the 6,000th time. Once he finished the last one, he was called down to dinner by Dean.

"Come on, slow poke! Get your nerdy ass down here!" Dean yelled. Sam groaned and rolled off of his bed, running down the stairs and into the dining room.

"Jerk," He muttered to a smirking Dean.

"Bitch," Dean replied.

"Oh, hey Cas," Sam smiled at his brother's boyfriend who was sat at the other side of the table.

"Hello, Sam," Cas greeted. John placed the dinner on the table, which consisted of chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Everyone shoveled their food onto their plate, taking as much as they could. John was one of the best cooks that Sam new, and everyone loved his cooking.

"So, Sam. How was your day without Gabriel?" Dean asked with a smirk. "I bet you miss your boy toy."

Sam bitch faced Dean and rolled his eyes. He smirked as he thought of the perfect retaliation.

"Forget about me, Dean. How was your sleepover with Cas?" He asked.

"It was... fun," Dean replied hesitantly.

"Not too much fun, I hope. I heard a lot of noise coming from your room last night." Cas' eyes widened as he flushed bright red. Dean clenched his jaw in anger as his fists bawled up. Sam just laughed hysterically.

"That's enough, boys," John told them sternly. Dean rolled his eyes and stood up.

"I need a cigarette," He muttered, heading for the door.

"Dean, we talked about this!" John sighed.

"I know, I know. I just need one puff, okay?" Dean opened the door and went outside, not bothering to stay for John's reply.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with him," He muttered, rubbing his eyes.

After about five minutes, Dean came back in.

"Sam, someone left you a note outside," Dean said, handing Sam a slip of paper. Sam raised an eyebrow in confusion as he opened the note.

Sam,

Follow the rose petals at your back door for a surprise.

- ;)

Sam looked up from the note and started to head over to the back door. He looked out of the window and saw a trail of red rose petals leading over to the sidewalk.

"What the hell?" He whispered, running over to his coat. "I'm going out, be back later!" He yelled to John.

"Just be back by 10!" John called back.

Sam tumbled down the stairs and ran down the sidewalk, taking every twist and turn that the path lead him to.

The petals lead him to Kansas high, leading right to the door. He fiddled with the handle and discovered it was unlocked on the weekend. Cautiously, he opened the door, looking around wearily. The halls were illuminated with fairy lights and hanging lamps clustered around a small table. Sam walked over to it and picked up another note.

Wear these. You'll need to dress up for your surprise.

- ;)

Sam picked up the the clothes that were on the table and unfolded them. There was a white button down shirt, a black tie, black dress pants, and a belt. He followed the petals to the nearest bathroom and changed, making sure he looked okay. Then, he continued to follow the trail.

The next table was even smaller than the last one, and there was no note. There was a bouquet of roses and a marvel comic on there, and Sam happily took them.

"This is the newest comic! Awesome!" He squealed. He excitedly skipped the rest of the way, following the trail out the back of the school towards the field.

"Heya, Sammich!" a familiar voice called, "Over here!" Sam looked in the direction of the sound and saw Gabriel stood on a hill, waving and smiling at him.

"Gabe!" Sam yelled, running over to his boyfriend and hugging him tightly. "I thought you were grounded."

"Nah, that was a lie," He chuckled, "I needed an excuse not to hangout with you so I couldn't plan this."

"Thank you so much, Gabriel," Sam murmured.

"Oh, that? That wasn't even the surprise."

Sam looked at him in confusion. "Huh?"

"Follow me," Gabriel grabbed Sam's hand and tugged him down the field. Sam gasped as he saw an illuminated area with a table and chairs.

"Whoa," He whispered.

"I hope you like spaghetti!" Gabriel laughed, pulling out a chair for Sam to sit down on. He looked around in awe as he did, smiling brightly. A pang of guilt shot through him as he realized he had nothing to give Gabriel.

"What's wrong?" Gabriel asked.

"Nothing, its just... You did all this for me and I have nothing for you," Sam sighed.

Gabriel put some spaghetti on Sam's plate. "Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti."

Sam burst out in a fit of laughter, causing him to fall off of his chair. "I hate you."

"Love you too, moosey," Gabriel smirked.

Sam rolled his eyes and got back up, sitting back in his seat.

"So, how was your day?" Gabriel asked as he chewed on a meatball.

"Boring," Sam muttered, "All I did was read Marvel comics."

"Speaking of Marvel, I have one more gift for you."

"Another?" Sam questioned.

"Yup!" Gabriel replied. "Now shut up and close your eyes." Sam obeyed and closed his eyes.

"Now... open!" Sam gasped in surprise when he saw what was in front of him.

It was a beautifully painted picture of things and references from some of Sam's favorite fandoms, and he couldn't help but fall to pieces.

"Holy fuck, this is amazing!" Sam gasped.

"Don't swear, Samantha. It's not very ladylike," Gabriel teased.

"Bite me," Sam growled playfully.

"Maybe later, big boy."

Sam rolled his eyes and smiled cheesily. He scanned over the painting one last time before getting up and pulling Gabriel into a hug.

"I love you so much, Gabriel," Sam whispered.

"I love you too, Samantha." Sam pulled out of the hug and kissed Gabriel on the lips, placing his hands on the shorter boy's hips. Gabriel pulled Sam down and deepened the kiss.

After a while, they pulled away breathlessly, smiling.

"So, sleepover at my house?" Gabriel asked.

"For sure," Sam agreed, "I need to repay you for doing this for me."

"I have a few ideas of how you could do that," Gabe said with a smirk.

Sam shoved him. "You're so dirty minded."

"You know you love it."

"Yeah, yeah."