Seven

Cas

Castiel woke up at 8am on Friday. His head ached as he sat up, wiping his tear stained cheeks. He looked at his nightstand and noticed that there was more than just his anxiety meds on it. There was a folded slip of paper next to his glass of water. He grabbed it and opened it, and as he read it, his jaw dropped.

Meet me at the park after school. Bring a jacket.

-D.W.

Dean wanted to hang out with him. Him. Cas couldn't quite believe it.

It's probably a joke, Cas thought, A joke to embarrass me... He crumbled up the note and threw it across the room. He downed his pills and got dressed, pulling on his oversized trenchcoat. Everyone always asked why he wore it, and he always just said he liked it. But the truth is, it made him feel safe, and protected. It was like a big hug around his whole body.

And that's Cas ever wanted. A warm hug, and to be told everything will be okay.

He went downstairs and saw his brothers and sister sat at the table, along with Micheal.

"Good Morning, Cas!" His father, Chuck, greeted.

"D-Dad! You're home!" Cas ran over and hugged Chuck.

He smiled softly and hugged Cas. "Lucifer called. I came as soon as I could."

Cas knew what that meant. Chuck had come home for Cas. He had left his work because of Cas. And he couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I-I'm going walk to school," Cas stuttered.

"Oh, uh... What about breakfast?" Chuck asked.

Cas scratched the back of his neck. "I'm n-not hungry."

"Okay-" Cas ran out the door before he could hear the rest of what Chuck had to say. He ran and ran, down the roads, all the way to school. He never stopped, never looked back, and sure as hell never thought once about home. He felt to guilty to go back there. He never wanted to go back.

Cas caused so much pain wherever he went, and he wondered how anyone could possibly still care about him.

When he reached the school, he went straight to his locker, ignoring the questions from his siblings. They soon gave up, and he was left at his locker, alone.

Well, until Dean came, that is.

"Hey Cas, did you get my note?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes, Dean, I got your note."

"Well?"

"I will not be going."

Dean's face fell. "Why?"

"Because it is a joke, right? To embarrass me. I bet you aren't even my soulmate," Cas muttered, shutting his locker. Dean rolled up his sleeve and revealed a completed heart.

"Try and smudge it," Dean growled. Cas didn't move, he was still trying to process the fact that Dean actually had his heart. Dean rolled his eyes and rubbed his heart, and nothing came off. "See?"

"I-I... I'm sorry for calling you a liar, Dean," Cas looked down at his feet in embarrassment.

"It's okay, Cas," Dean lifted Cas' chin up and looked him in the eyes, "Just... Please come. I want to make it up to you."

Cas smiled genuinely for the first time in a long while. "Okay, Dean. I'll come."

--

Sam

Throughout the whole schoolday, Sam ignored Gabriel's many attempts at apologizing. During class, in the halls, even in the bathroom,Gabriel tried to get Sam to listen.

Sam wouldn't have it. He was too stubborn to even think about forgiving Gabe.

Well, until the library.

It was after school, and Sam was sitting at a table, reading his science textbook and doing his homework. Then, Gabriel came over.

"Hey, Sam... I know you've been ignoring me all day, and you probably wish I wasn't talking at you right now. This is my last time trying, and if it doesn't work, well..." Gabe stopped, and it seemed he was holding back tears. "Anyways, Sam, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you, I don't even know what possessed me to. I don't like you... in that way."

For some reason, that hurt Sam. He shrugged the feeling off and continued to work.

"You are my best friend, Sam. I know we've only known each other for a few days, but you are. You make me happy in ways I can't explain."

I really mean that much to him? Sam thought.

"Sam, please. I... I don't think I want to live without you..."

That hit Sam home. Gabriel didn't want to live without him. He cared that much, that if Sam left, there would be a hole in his life.

"I... I made you this," Gabriel placed a piece of paper next to Sam's arm "I made it, just for you. Well... uh... Bye, Sam."

As Gabriel walked away, Sam picked up the paper. It was a beautiful drawing of references and things from some of Sam's favorite fandoms.

Sam blinked, and a tear fell. No one had ever done anything like this for him, not even Dean.

That's when Sam decided to screw everything. He stood up and grabbed Gabriel, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Whoa, hey there, Sam," Gabriel chuckled.

"I-I'm sorry, G-Gabe..." Sam whispered.

"It's okay, Sam. I'm the one who should be sorry..." Gabe squeezed him a bit. "Why don't we go get some ice cream?"

"O-Okay. Just let me go get my b-bag."

Sam ran as fast as he could down the hall and to his locker. When he opened it, another slip of paper fell out.

It said:

Hello again, Sam!

Here's another clue: My favorite candy is twizzlers

-Your soulmate ;)

Sam smiled sheepishly and stuffed the paper into his backpack. Even though he had no idea who his soulmate was, he got all warm and fuzzy thinking about them. Sam shut his locker and slung his back over his shoulder as he ran back to Gabe.

"Ready to go, Samwich?" he asked.

Sam nodded. "Y-Yeah."

--

Cas

Cas and Dean were sat on a bench, looking at the wildlife around them. The wind whisked around Cas, sending shivers down his spine. Since it was the middle of September, the air was a bit nippy in general. The wind made it so much worse.

"Are you cold?" Dean asked. Cas nodded. "Didn't I tell you to bring a jacket?" he chuckled.

"I did, Dean. I have my trenchcoat."

"I mean a real jacket."

"This is a real jacket," Cas snapped.

Dean looked at him with a confused expression. "Okay, jeez."

"S-Sorry," Cas mumbled, looking down.

"It's okay, Cas," Dean assured. Cas shivered again as the wind started again. "Come here." Dean pulled Cas closer to him. He wrapped his arms around the blue eyed boy, who then laid his head on Dean's shoulder.

They stayed like that for a long while, no one speaking, no one moving. In that moment, the comfortable silence was louder than any words could have been.