Twelve

Dean

"Cas!" Dean exclaimed running over to his now conscious boyfriend. "You're okay! You're really okay!"

"What h-happened?" Cas asked, his eyes fluttering as he adjusted to being awake.

"We'll talk about that later, baby. Just let me look at you..." Dean cupped Cas' face with his hands, looking at the dark circles under his eyes and spots of stubble on his chin. He was starting to look like Cas again, the color was returning to his cheeks, his eyes were becoming lively, and his skin was healing.

"Cas is back," Dean whispered, placing a kiss on Cas' forehead.

"Where's Lucifer? And Micheal?" Castiel asked.

"We'll get them here as soon as possible, I promise. I'll call Micheal right now," Dean took out his phone and the slip of paper in his pocket. Micheal wrote down his number in case Dean needed anything, which he never did.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Micheal. It's Dean."

"Dean? What's wrong?"

"It's Cas. He woke up."

"Oh, my god."

Then, the line went dead.

Dean looked back at Cas, who was looking at him in curiosity.

"They're coming, Cas."

--

Gabriel

"Gabriel? Gabriel! Wake up," Sam's soft voice told him.

"What's the point?" Gabriel muttered.

"Cas woke up, Gabe. He's back."

Gabriel shot up.

"He is?"

--

Cas

"Cassie!" Gabriel gasped as he jumped on the hospital bed.

"Hey, Gabe," Cas smiled, ruffling his little brother's hair.

"Cas, we were so worried!" Micheal cried as he hugged Cas. The whole Novak family gave Cas their welcome backs and hugs and kisses, showing him with love. Cas felt warm and happy, something he didn't really feel unless he was with Dean.

The world seemed different, whether it be good or bad. Micheal looked tired and more messily dress than normal, like he slept too late. Lucifer reeked of cigarrettes, which meant that he had started smoking again. Anna, well, she looked fine, other than her ribs showing through her shirt. Balthazar seemed less talkative than usual, which worried Cas. It wasn't like him to cut himself off.

Finally, Gabriel. To Cas, he seemed to have changed the most. He wasn't as jumpy and happy as usual, he didn't have any candy with him as far as Castiel could tell, and overall, he just seemed distant from everyone except Sam.

Out of the corner of his eye, Cas saw Dean slip out of the room.

"W-Where's Dean going?" He asked.

"Probably out to smoke," Lucifer shrugged.

"Smoke?" Cas echoed, his eyes filling with worry.

"Yeah, Cas. Smoke. We've all changed in the time that you've been out," Lucifer explained, "Micheal drinks, I started smoking, Bathazar and Anna don't party anymore, and Gabriel, well... We can talk about that later."

Castiel took a deep breath. He could feel an anxiety attack coming on. He caused so much grief between everyone that he loved, all because of his stupid razors.