Four

Dean

Dean woke up to the sickening buzzer noise of his alarm clock. He groaned in annoyance, his head pounding. He didn't remember most of the events of last night, just little bits and pieces. For example, he distinctly remembered the color blue. And a beautiful brown eyed girl that caught his eye.

Dean groaned again as he stumbled out of bed, muttering curses under his breath as he shuffled to the bathroom. He sleepily grabbed a bottle of asprin and took two pills. Then, after a quick shower, Dean got dressed and drove to school. He should have probably texted Sam, but his head hurt too damn much to think straight.

As he got out of the car, he hit his head on the roof.

"Fucking hell," He exclaimed. He rubbed the back of his neck and slammed the car door shut, muttering 'sorry baby' as he walked away. He found Sam by his locker talking to Gabriel. He smiled, seeing his brother talking made him happy even if he thought Gabe was nothing more than a dick.

"Hey, Dean," Sam smiled as he saw Dean approach him.

"Remind me to never drink again," Dean mumbled.

"Like you could survive without beer," Sam joked. Dean groaned and rubbed his temples.

"We gotta get to class, bye Deano! Good luck with the hangover!" Gabe yelled as he and Sam ran down the hall.

"Be quiet!" Dean moaned. He trudged through the halls and to his first period. He closed his eyes slightly as he walked through the doorframe, only to find himself crashing into someone. He groaned in pain and opened his eyes to see the blue eyed boy that had bumped into him at the party. He crouched down beside him and began to help him pick up his scattered things.

"S-sorry," the boy said, looking Dean in the eyes for a second before turning away.

"It's okay," Dean replied. His eyes flickered over every feature on the guy's face, and for some reason, he intrigued Dean in ways that he didn't understand. "I'm Dean, by the way. Dean Winchester."

"I'm C-castiel," the boy stuttered.

"Cool name," Dean smirked.

"T-thank you, Dean," He mumbled as he collected the rest of his stuff. He hurriedly pushed past Dean and sped down the hall.

What the hell was that about? Dean thought. He stood up and went to his seat next to Charlie.

"So how's your soulmate dilemma?" She asked as soon as he sat down.

"What?"

"Did you find them?" She questioned.

"No," Dean sighed. Not that I even want to. He thought bitterly.

"Well, I did some digging and found out that two people besides you got their half hearts at the party," Charlie explained, "Castiel Novak and Lisa Braeden."

Cas got his heart? He's pretty cute... wait, no! It has to be Lisa. It has to be.

"Well, I'm not gay so it's definately Lisa," Dean chuckled.

"Lisa's nice to me," Charlie sighed, "Well, go talked to her!" Charlie urged. They still had 5 minutes until class actually started, so Dean put on his charming smile and walked over to Lisa.

"Hey, Lisa," He smirked. She looked in his eyes for a second before blushing and turning away. Dean couldn't fully see, but he thought he saw her eyes glow. "So, I heard you got your heart."

"Yeah, did you?" She asked.

"Yup," He said, smacking his lips. He smirked at her, causing her to blush. Dean opened his mouth to speak again, but was cut off by Mr. Azazel beginning the class.

"Alright class, settle down."

*Time skip to the end of class*

As the bell rang and Dean walked out the door, he looked at his wrist, which had a now completed heart on it. He smiled to himself.

Lisa Braeden was his soulmate.

He walked over to her, leaning up against the lockers and smirking.

"So, you're my soulmate," He started. At first she looked shocked, but she soon blushed and smiled.

"I guess," she giggled.

"So, you, me, and Netflix tonight?" He suggested with a wink. She nodded. "I'll be at your place at 7, then." She nodded once again and placed a kiss on his cheek. He smiled and watched her as she walked.

Maybe destiny wasn't so bad at all.

--

Cas

Throughout the whole day, Castiel was stressed out of his mind. He failed a major science quiz, his heart was completed, and he couldn't stop thinking about Dean. Even doodling in his mathbook didn't help, because he ended up drawing Dean's eyes. When he noticed this, he had a mini panic attack and passed out.

When Cas woke up, he woke up in his bed. He sighed and got up, making sure to take his anxiety meds that Micheal left on his bedside table with a glass of water. Cas swallowed them in one gulp. By now, taking pills was a breeze. He had done it so many times it was like just drinking water. He put on his glasses and tried to fix his hair, which was a lost cause at this point. Castiel tiptoed down the stairs and stood outside the living room, trying to see if he could pick up any of the indistinct chatter he heard coming out of there. Alas, it was no use, so Cas gave up and walked in.

"Cassie!" Gabe cheered. The younger Novak sprang up and hugged his brother. "You scared us."

"I'm sorry, Gabriel. I don't know what happened," He lied.

"Do you feel okay?" Micheal asked him.

"I feel fine, my head hurts a bit though," Cas replied.

"Cas, I noticed your heart is complete," Lucifer started, "Did you find out who it is?" Cas sighed. He had totally forgot about that.

"No," He muttered, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He looked at his wrist for a second before a sudden gasp escaped his lips.

"M-micheal, Lucifer, my h-hearts fading. Does that mean my soulmate is c-cheating on me?" Lucifer's expression turned into utter shock while Micheal's was more sympathetical.

"Yes, Castiel, I'm sorry," He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin eater," Castiel heard Gabriel faintly sing.

"Not helping, Gabriel!" Lucifer snapped. Cas began to stumble backwards before hitting a wall. He began to slide down it, letting the darkness engulf him. He saw Micheal screaming for him, but he couldn't hear anything. His heart was beating faster and faster, his chest growing tight and breaths becoming shallow and quick. He felt like he was drowning all over again.

His soulmate was cheating on him, and he didn't even know their name.