Publicty

Gerald POV

"You signed me up for what?!"

"It's a fucking month G! Just a month!"

"Jamal you aren't fucking Marty, you can't just go scheduling shit without asking me!"

"You need the publicity for this new album in Europe."

"To fucking morrow?! D is gonna be pissed!"

" Fuck D!" I looked up from the board, that familiar anger bubbling inside me again. I stood and backed Jamal into the coner of the room, towering over him.

"You wanna say that shit one more time?"

"G you know I didn't mean it." I scoffed and turned around, switching off the lights.

"Fuck you. I'm going home for the day. Spend my fucking final hours with my girl before I gotta fucking go again!" I slammed the door, walking down the hall and to Ellie's desk. She had a grin on her face ever since her and Grady fucked. Neither wanted to admit it, but I could sense it easily.

"Hey Ger! What's up?"

"You know where D is?"

"Umm she's in her office with some detectives..." Her voice trailed off as two men in police uniforms walked towards the elevator. "Have a nice day gentleman!.... Narks." A huff escaped her as Daniella walked out, unlit blunt between her lips. I smirked slightly and lit it for her.

" The fuck was that?"

" Stacey... Wants my divorce money." She laughed before sitting on the sofa in the lobby. " Wait for it... She wants me... To pay child support. TO A CHILD THAT HAS NO RELATION TO ME!... Well... I said to the detectives... Tell her to go fuck herself. She has Finn's money which was more than I even got or wanted."

"Easy tiger." I chuckled and took the blunt before passing it to Ellie. " So what's gonna happen."

"Nothing more than likely. Please tell me your day is going better than mine." I was a deer in headlights at the moment. My heart thumping. Spit it out Gerald.

"I have to go to London tomorrow."

"Since when?"

"Ten minutes ago." She sighed and laid her head on my lap, pouting her lip. In fact this reaction was so much better than I expected. Then again Devon usually would smack me across the face for these trips. "You're not... Mad?"

"No it's your job and I understand. Plus I actually just got a call saying I've gotta be in Mexico to meet with Guetta I think like two days from now. When will you be back?"

"A month..." This was the face I didn't wanna see. The sad expression that pasted onto her face. "You?"

"Two weeks. Which means two weeks alone. I'll be okay. We'll talk on the phone yeah?"

"Of course babe..." I sighed and glanced at my watch. "I gotta pack you wanna come to my place with me? You can help." She nodded and looked to Ellie then me before following to the elevator.

"I'll reschedule our trip to Miami when you get back and we look at the schedules."

" Fuck... I totally forgot."

" It's alright babe. I understand." She looked up to me and smiled before placing a kiss to my lips. We drove separate cars and parked under my building before heading up to my apartment. It was in disarray considering I had been spending all my time as her place. She sat down and cleaned out my suitcase before helping me pack my things. Of course she remembered all the items I tended to forget including toothpaste. I could see through the faux smile that she managed to keep on her face the whole time. At least till she zipped the suitcase up and looked to me.

"Don't pretend you're not upset..."

"I'm not upset with you. Sad yes... Upset no." I sighed and laid down on the bed, pulling her down so we faced each other. "I hope you don't forget about me Gerald."

"I promise I'll call... You know I will." I pressed my lips to hers and sighed.

"I mean... Just let's not have a repeat of last time... Yeah?"

"You don't trust me?"

"I do... But... I know you're using coke Ger... I know what it does to people."

"D relax..." I sighed again and closed my eyes, her hand came up to my cheek.

"You need to get clean babe..." Here came my famous dick move. The could have once again ended it all.

" Fuck off!" I shoved her hand off and sat up. "You dunno what I need!" She nearly jumped to stand and took a deep breath. Her head lowered and covered by her hair

"Gerald I just care about you..."

"Well don't!" I stood and towered over her. She backed up to the wall.

"Gerald... Please give me some space."

"Or what?!" I grabbed her chin and then it hit me. Like a ton of bricks. Her face stained with tears as she looked in my eyes. "D... I'm..." I moved away from her and she slowly grabbed her purse. I stood and grabbed her arm. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay... I'm just... I'm gonna go home..." She looked at me, nearly trembling in my grasp. "That's what coke does... You won't calm down till you have it... I will see you around Gerald..." Without a kiss she turned and left. I could have sworn I heard sobs in the elevator shaft as I pressed my head against the metal doors before smashing my first against it.

"Fuck! Fuck!" Frustrated tears left me before I went over to my night stand and pulled out the plastic bag. Almost like a doctor I carefully measured and laid it in perfect short lines with my card. Moments later it was gone. All coursing through my body as it numbed the sensations and pain. The bed empty and cold without her tonight. Maybe it would help me in the long run. Maybe it would just make it all worst and this month would be hell itself. Let's just say I should have known not to trust myself.