Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"You go to the lake house, I'm going to pick up Malia and meet you there. We might need some back up," I whispered and casually walked over to him.

"What if this is all in your head and no one is watching us?" He asked, looking me in my eyes.

"Then i'm crazy but when there are people trying to murder me, I'm not gonna take any chances." I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I'll meet you there."

I turned around to walk to my car but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him, placing a kiss on my lips.

"I just got you back. I don't want to risk losing you again. Be safe, please. I love you." A huge smile crept on my face when he said those three words.

"I love when you say that," I leaned up and kissed him this time. "I love you too."

We both parted our separate ways. I had called Malia and asked where she was instead of making assumptions that she was still at my house. Which, I should have just went with my gut because I was right, she was still there.

It is about a 45 minute drive to the lake house which gave me the perfect amount of time to catch Malia up on everything Stiles and I found out.

I called Scott to see how everything was going with Satomi's pack. Right now they are all just waiting at Argent's warehouse till dark rolls around. Which shouldn't be long considering the sun is already setting.

I parked my car beside Stiles's jeep and met him upstairs where the study was. Malia waited downstairs because she said she had a bad feeling just like I had a while ago.

Stiles was already sitting down beside the record player, trying to listen for anything. I joined him on the ground, placing my hand nervously on top of his.

I thought about it for a second, thinking intently. I sighed angrily and stood up.

"What are we even doing? This room wasn't even made for us. We need a banshee." I stood up and paced around the room, a nervous habit I have. "We're just sitting here listening to a stupid record-"

There was a sound of glass shattering downstairs. Stiles hurriedly stood up beside me. Both our eyes glued on the door.

Footsteps were sounded running up the stairs and toward this room. Suddenly Malia popped inside the room. 

"We have company," she panted and closed the door behind her.

"What?! How many?" I asked.

"Four, maybe five. I don't know I was to busy running up here."

I ripped off my jacket and threw it to the ground. "Okay, I'll handle them. Malia stay here and help Stiles figure all this out. There is something here, I know it."

"What? No, I'm helping you," She argued.

"Malia, those are professional killers down there who are here to kill. Me and you. But I can't die and I'm not letting either of you get hurt. I can handle this by myself. Stiles, figure this out. You always do so I'm counting on you. Figure. This. Out." 

I griped the door handle and walked out. I gave them one last nod to indicate that I would be okay and then I closed the door behind me.

"C'mon out, you freaks!" A manly voice yelled from outside.

I walked down the stairs and saw multiple headlights shining into the living room. I saw an arrow stuck in the side of the wall, the window shattered from where it entered.

I shielded my eyes from the lights and opened the front door. 

"Hi, boys! Can I help you?" I asked in a kind voice.